4X5 .650 WWIRND .3 BLK PRO-MIST 1/4
4X4 IRND 0.3 + BLACK PROMIST 1/4
Tiffen has combined innovative IRND technology with our popular (vintage) range of Black Pro-Mist® Filters. This merger of new and old technology provides cinematographers with the tried and tested “Black Pro Mist look”, and will absorb unwanted infrared pollution and control depth of field.
The subtle and delicate effect of contained highlight flare and less lightening of shadows with moderate reduction in contrast compared to regular Pro Mist, has proven to be a winning look over several decades. Now the Black Pro-Mist® look, a must have filter for a generation of cinematographers, is available with the IR control required on today’s cameras by today’s cinematographers.
Five years ago Tiffen responded to the demand of IR pollution control filters. Now we’re expanding the range by combining the technical benefits of IRNDs with some of our best selling Special Effect Filters. Once again, Tiffen’s ColorCore™ technology provides filmmakers with the necessary tools to create the world’s greatest images.
• 3 filters in one, reducing multiple surfaces and potential reflection from stacked filters
• Excellent for toning down excessive sharpness and reducing contrast
• Creates a soft light "pastel" effect
• Controlled highlight flare that appears to stay close to the light source like a halo
• Lower contrast but with less lightening of shadows (compared to regular Pro-Mist®)
for a more delicate effect
• For digital cameras with CMOS & CCD sensors with heightened response to the Red channel
• Absorbs pollution of the Far Red (visible), Near Infrared and Far Red wavelengths
• IR absorbing component is proportionate to the ND value
• Ideal for lightweight or clip-on matte boxes
• Made from water white glass
• One year warranty
• Available in ND 0.3, 0.6, 0.9 & 1.2 each combined with Black Pro-Mist® 1⁄8, ¼ and ½
New Tiffen IRND + Black Pro-Mist® filters are available in 4 x 4, 4 x 5.65 and
6.6 x 6.6 sizes.