PDA

View Full Version : Rusty Snap Hook

kerrmit13
10-23-2011, 09:58 AM
Hi! I came up with my own DIY rust free snap hooks from the local hardware shop as my F2's hooks are rusting badly. Perhaps we can work on changing to a non rusting metal for the snap hooks for future Domke bags! That would be perfect for Domke!

peaceridge
10-24-2011, 07:07 AM
How did you get the new one attached and the old one removed? I have an F6 and I can't open and close the hooks - small problem with my "older" fingers. Right now I just don't hook it, but am concerned things will fall out.

Hi! I came up with my own DIY rust free snap hooks from the local hardware shop as my F2's hooks are rusting badly. Perhaps we can work on changing to a non rusting metal for the snap hooks for future Domke bags! That would be perfect for Domke!

Ambit Energy
10-25-2011, 02:21 PM
The best thing to do is the simplest and recommended way to change it instead of fixing it.

That's not expensive anyway.

:rolleyes:
John Galt
Ambit Energy, Sales Consultant
St. Louis, Missouri
;)

Jon
11-09-2011, 05:24 PM
How did you get the new one attached and the old one removed? I have an F6 and I can't open and close the hooks - small problem with my "older" fingers. Right now I just don't hook it, but am concerned things will fall out.

A shoe repair, luggage repair, or awning manufacturing place could probably handle the heavy-duty sewing needed for the canvas and webbing.

peaceridge
11-10-2011, 06:04 AM
A shoe repair, luggage repair, or awning manufacturing place could probably handle the heavy-duty sewing needed for the canvas and webbing.

I don't need new webbing - if I could just remove the hook part, I can add a D-ring easily. One of these days I'll get out my Dremmel and cut it off!

kerrmit13
11-11-2011, 08:11 PM
You can checkout the local hardware shops for suitable D rings. As for the old and rusty hooks, you can choose to either tape them up and hide them or simply cut them. I used a cutter which was used to cut padlocks to cut the hooks. Pretty easy I must say.