PDA

View Full Version : Replacement strap

lohanette
04-21-2009, 11:40 PM
Where can I get a replacement gripper strap for my black F2?
Im in UK and no one has them :-(
Cant live with the way mines come out of the wash anymore.
HELP!!!

lohanette
04-22-2009, 03:42 AM
Just ordered one from Amazon UK.
Hope its not a fake as ive read about people buying Domke bags from them that were fake.

lohanette
04-23-2009, 05:42 AM
Well I got the replacement strap but its not like the one on their site with a clip, this one has to be sewn and as I dont have a sewing machine i've gotta send it back.
I am so pissed as it cost $54.
Im returning it and have been looking at the Billingham 335, but love Domke so much I dont think I could change now.
Lets hope the new F2 is perfect!

Jon
04-23-2009, 02:07 PM
IIRC you don't have to sew it on. You can use adjustable sliders to anchor the strap without stitching the ends. Or you could take the bag and strap to a cobbler or awning maker (someone with sa seriously heavy duty sewing machine) to run the stitches.

lohanette
04-23-2009, 05:53 PM
The replacement strap I got only has 1 adjustment clip on it unlike bags that has 2.
I've ordered a billingham 335 now as my f2 has shrunk so much the bottom bird won't fit in.
I looked at the pic on my profile here of my f2 when it was new and it has shrink height wise too.
Was thinking about getting a F1X the other month but not going to risk it.
On another site selling the strap I have it says comes with instructions, mine didnt.
Anyone got them?
Dont wanna cut of bags strap and end up not getting new on.

UPDATED:
I sat and thought and sat and looked at old bag and thought ah ah.
I've done it, yay!
Jim was right all along Domke are the perfect bag.
It was so simple I couldnt work it out but new straps on and looks great.
Worn bag, new strap=lovely.
Question is i've got a Billingham 335 coming tomorrow and what to do with it, but as i've just moved to the countryside I guess I can use that for country photography and Domkes for press work :-)

samrat54
04-23-2009, 10:12 PM
While on the subject of straps, I have a question. My F1x needs a replacement shoulder strap. Are replacements available anywhere, or do I need to talk to my friend, the seamstress, about some heavy-duty sewing?

Thanks,
Sam

lohanette
04-24-2009, 07:01 AM
Samrat,
I got my strap from Amazon.
The way I put it on was the same as you would put a camera strap on a camera.
Look at your old strap on bag and look how it goes around the buckles and put new on same way.
I took the old adjustment buckles of old strap as new only had 1.
I haven't sewn mine as it dont need it.

samrat54
05-01-2009, 03:24 PM
lohanette,

Thanks for the info. I actually found the replacement straps on the
B&H site after I posted on this board. Of course, I now have another problem. I took the 4-point handle off of my F1x for my wife to wash it. That was fine. Unfortuantely, she didn't know what the handle was and threw it in the garbarge. It's gone. I'm not finding replacement 4-point handles. I could use a replacement F2 handle or super handle. (They do reach even though they are not recommended for the F1x. I have a super on my F2 and the F2's handle on my F4AF.)

Anyone with ideas on the 4-point handle replacement? Are they available "through the back door" from Tiffen?

Thanks,
samrat54

Andrea
05-04-2009, 11:24 AM
They are available. You can call customer service for assistance. 631-273-2500.

samrat54
05-07-2009, 10:34 PM
Andrea,

Thanks a bunch! I'll call.

Sam