PDA

View Full Version : D Rings - O Rings

Roxie2401
05-08-2009, 01:25 PM
Are the D Rings on the strap for an F2 plastic, but the O Rings & Snaps metal?

I think I have seen (maybe original) F2 where the shoulder strap rings were metal.

Is this true for the full product line? The D Rings are now plastic?

Are replacement rings available (between the strap and bag)?

Jon
05-08-2009, 02:21 PM
Yep. They are all plastic now it seems. My original F2 does have metal fittings all around. When the plastic D rings between bag and strap snapped (on 3 bags, so far, an F1x, F2 and F802) I just replaced them with mini-carabiners. Advantage to that is I don't have to unstitch anything to get the piece in there.

Andrea
05-11-2009, 02:51 PM
They are plastic and from what I understand there was a time when they were metal. And yes, it's the entire line. Orings and snap hooks are still metal. Replacement rings aren't available, but you could probably find them online, they aren't very expensive.

Jim Domke
05-11-2009, 03:19 PM
If anyone wants a history- - - the bag started with a 2" D-ring for the shoulder strap, but we quickly saw how it was okay if you put the strap over your head, but with the strap on the same shoulder as a bag the D-ring always seemed to twist around so the strap bunched around the corners. To get it to stay flat we switched to using a slider, some photogs could get the metal slider to twist and we moved over the the nylon slider.

This made it hard to attach the backpack strap and satched to the back of the F2, so we added a 1-inch o-ring and a handle strap. This has then evolved to having a 2-inch D-ring. It works the best!:rolleyes: jgd