PDA

View Full Version : Fundamental Design fault or lack of QC with the F-3X

hjbyeo
08-23-2009, 10:57 PM
I just got my F-3x recently (abt a month), and having owned a F-3X (Sand) previously, I can't help but notice that the base cushioning had shrinked!!! :mad:

Just look at the picture below...
http://lh4.ggpht.com/_1clkK-kSxGQ/SpIOaiSLc-I/AAAAAAAADvs/oLaLeYV6vzQ/s800/_IGP6392.jpg

You can see that the padding doesn't cover the entire base. I've measured it, and it's almost 2inches less!!

Have filed a case with Support, but it's taking a long time for product manager's feedback. I'll like to find out from anyone owning the F-3X if you ever seen this (see picture) before, or if yours similar.

hjbyeo
08-25-2009, 09:35 PM
Just a favour to the F-3x owners, can you check your base padding and see if it's something like the 1 you see in my picture.

gazkw
08-27-2009, 05:43 AM
just checked mine as well (F3x ruggedwear)... same thing issue as hbyeo - the base padding is insufficient to cover the entire bottom.

this is not so with my J3 where the entire base is covered nicely with padding.

this is very disappointing as domke is marketed as a quality bag, photographers for photographers and yet we see such fundamental design flaws in new products. what happened to the attention to detail on older products?

anyway of getting anyone's attention to get this rectified?

i sure hope domke products are not going downhill...

Andrea
08-27-2009, 07:49 AM
Please contact me directly about this at Arauch@tiffen.com.

JulietteKlonk
01-05-2010, 05:30 AM
You made some good points there.

hjbyeo
01-22-2010, 10:01 AM
The team at Domke, Tiffen had fixed the issue for me. :D

kjohn
02-23-2010, 09:35 AM
just checked mine as well (F3x ruggedwear)... same thing issue as hbyeo - the base padding is insufficient to cover the entire bottom.

this is not so with my J3 where the entire base is covered nicely with padding.

this is very disappointing as domke is marketed as a quality bag, photographers for photographers and yet we see such fundamental design flaws in new products. what happened to the attention to detail on older products?

anyway of getting anyone's attention to get this rectified?

i sure hope domke products are not going downhill...

Funny you mentioned this... I just checked my F3x and it's exactly the same. The interesting tidbit is that mine is anchored in the middle, so there is about a little less than an inch on both sides exposed. I suppose this explains the mysterious crack on my Nikon SB-800?! However, the base of my J3 is covered nicely with padding as well. Sadly, I am in Thailand and won't be back in the US for a while, so I can't do anything about it any time soon :(

dkanarek
02-25-2010, 02:39 PM
Based on previous posts I’ve notice that Domke/Tiffen is addressing shrinking padding issue on F-3X bags. I’ve purchased my Domke F-3X bag about a month ago and unfortunately did not find out about this until recently and can not exchange mine. Yesterday I emailed Andrea to see what Domke/Tiffen is doing to rectify this problem and currently waiting for response, until than I'm sorry to say but my Domke is going on a shelf, I just can not risk damaging any of my gear.:(

Andrea
02-25-2010, 02:56 PM
Hi, sorry, I was away at a tradeshow in California and took the red eye back on Tuesday night, so yesterday was a bit foggy for me. I did see your email and if you would just send a picture of the problem I'm more than happy to help you.

Thanks,
Andrea

dkanarek
02-25-2010, 04:52 PM
I'll certainly do that over the weekend, and I'm sorry for rushing you - totally forgot about PMA.;)

dafiryde
02-25-2010, 06:02 PM
my my so many QC issues with the F3X RW
looks like i am one of the few who got a good one

Dave
T&T

Henrick
02-26-2010, 07:13 AM
I would rather say that they are some of the few who had bad ones... My F3X is perfect and I think the majority doesn't have QC problems either... It's just that you always hear more about the people who have problems than the ones who don't ;)

dkanarek
03-23-2010, 09:04 AM
It would not feel right if I did not officially thank Andrea Rauch for her professionalism and prompt response to my inquiry. People like Andrea make Domke and Tiffen products worth buying. Thank you Andrea it was a great pleasure dealing with you.

Dariusz