PDA

View Full Version : Magnum's Dave Harvey talks about bags

Jim Domke
03-02-2010, 09:04 AM
Okay, he needs something to carry film and hide his camera while shooting the carnival in Rio. http://www.picturestoryblog.com/2010/03/david-alan-harvey-bag-world-video-and-camera-bag-give-a-way.html

He ends up going to a handbag shop! The bag will meet his needs, but it probably will be tattered and need to be replaced before he goes to another assignment.

This is turning into a fashion show. :-) :p

BTW - Back when David Harvey was going to the University of Missouri School of Journalism in 1970, he didn't need a camera bag, he still used only a Leica IIIF and one lens (50mm). I had a friend stationed in Vietnam buy me a Nikon F with 24mm and a 180mm f/2.8, then I needed a Might Lite strobe and this started me buying fishing bags. (Tried a hard attache case, but had to set it down to take photos and a car ran over it.)

JackKurtz
03-04-2010, 09:35 AM
That video is hilarious. And while I can see the value of hiding your cameras that bag he selected is not DAH. The words that come to mind are "80 year old lady with blue hair." Not 70 year old dude with no hair. Ira's mom reminds me of my grandmother.

Arnaud
03-05-2010, 01:37 AM
Hilarious and more !
I like to see people crazier than me ...