PDA

View Full Version : F3x

dafiryde
06-08-2010, 03:46 PM
is there a difference in thickness of the canvas between the rugged wear and the sand colour.

Dave
T&T

Andrea
06-08-2010, 03:51 PM
Hi Dave,
Yes there is a difference in thickness. Sand colour canvas is 22 oz. and RuggedWear is 10.10 oz.
Andrea

dafiryde
06-08-2010, 04:04 PM
what about the black and olive

Dave
T&T

Andrea
06-08-2010, 04:07 PM
Black and Olive are the same as the Sand.

dafiryde
06-08-2010, 04:08 PM
Black and Olive are the same as the Sand.

can you say if the sand is a stronger material than the waxwear

Dave
T&T

dafiryde
06-10-2010, 02:06 PM
can you say if the sand is a stronger material than the waxwear

Dave
T&T

any responce

Dave
T&T

admin
06-10-2010, 04:33 PM
I'm just waiting to get an answer from the material suppliers who are the experts.

dafiryde
06-21-2010, 07:06 AM
I'm just waiting to get an answer from the material suppliers who are the experts.

WOW

12 days and no responce
did you fire your material supplier

Dave
T&T

Andrea
06-21-2010, 11:09 AM
Hi Dave,
Sorry it took so long, been a little busy and the answer went back and forth a bunch of times. Unfortunately, stronger is a very generic term. In the fabric world there are all kinds of things that are tested.
For example:
tearing
breaking
puncture
abrasion
weathering including uv, hydrostatic, and others
and all these things can be measured before or after finishing.

In my opinion #8 canvas is more “durable” than the wax fabric by the simple calculus of heavier cotton yarns and shear weight.

Andrea

dafiryde
06-21-2010, 05:11 PM
Hi Dave,
Sorry it took so long, been a little busy and the answer went back and forth a bunch of times. Unfortunately, stronger is a very generic term. In the fabric world there are all kinds of things that are tested.
For example:
tearing
breaking
puncture
abrasion
weathering including uv, hydrostatic, and others
and all these things can be measured before or after finishing.

In my opinion #8 canvas is more “durable” than the wax fabric by the simple calculus of heavier cotton yarns and shear weight.

Andrea

i was running out of time so i thought about it and went ahead and ordered the F3X black, knowing me, i will soon order it in sand, and olive.
i know have 12 bags of all types and brands, and funny thing though, the Domke f3 is still the only functionable one , the rest i am going to burn.
Don't get me wrong, the F3 waxwear is a great colour, and i still love it. hopefully you will bring it out in the #8 canvas, i wont mind paying the extra cost.

Dave
T&T