PDA

View Full Version : Handle for F-5XB?

thoots
06-27-2010, 08:05 PM
I just bought an F-5XB, but I must have a hand strap for the bag. I see that there are two Domke handles:

FA-112 Super Handle

J-Series Hand Carrying Strap

One of these might get the job done, but I'm afraid that they're going to be a bit on the "too long" size, as all the descriptions are that these fit the bigger-sized bags.

So, would either of these reasonably work on the F-5XB?

Is one "longer" than the other one? Gosh, now there's a specification I'd sure like to see specified....

Thanks for any information you might be able to send my way!

natper
07-02-2010, 11:13 AM
I just bought an F-5XB, but I must have a hand strap for the bag. I see that there are two Domke handles:

FA-112 Super Handle

J-Series Hand Carrying Strap

One of these might get the job done, but I'm afraid that they're going to be a bit on the "too long" size, as all the descriptions are that these fit the bigger-sized bags.

So, would either of these reasonably work on the F-5XB?

Is one "longer" than the other one? Gosh, now there's a specification I'd sure like to see specified....

Thanks for any information you might be able to send my way!

I have used the Super handle with this bag- works and fits fine.

Jim Domke
07-07-2010, 02:10 PM
Handle straps are useful. But many are only for looks, because you have to stop and take time to close the mail flap. The super hangle strap clips on at the base of the shoulder strap, doesn't make any difference whether the main compartment flap is clipped shut or not. This makes it easy to use one hand to grab it off your shoulder and pull it into to car seat.

:D Nobody wants to waste time unclipping the flap to access lens/flash/camera inside and miss the picture.