View Full Version : What are those "survey" people doing with the yellow tripods?

06-29-2010, 03:32 AM
you guys know what i'm talking about? it's either construction people or something doing some kind of survey and they have some machine with a yellow tripod. who are they and what are they actually doing?

Jason Schneider
06-29-2010, 08:23 AM
The device you saw mounted atop a yellow tripod at a construction site is most probably a theodolite or a transit, both of which are used to determine boundary lines when sighted and aligned to a marker post. The tripods used are typically basic units designed for this purpose and not photographic tripods.

07-03-2010, 12:26 AM
Thank you for bringing more information to this topic for me. Im truly grateful and really impressed.