PDA

View Full Version : Davis & Sanford V12 Fluid Head pan stuck

adic
06-29-2010, 03:49 AM
I purchased a Davis & Sanford V12 Fluid Head and it is almost impossible to pan it right and left. At first i thought it wasn't able to do so but then started to think that was strange.

So, I took it off my tripod and tried twisting the part that seems it should turn and almost gave up thinking it wasn't supposed to twist but it finally started to twist but it is supper tight and way hard to twist. I thought maybe if I did it long enough it would loosen up but it wont.

The only way to pan is if I don't tighten the head onto my tripod all the way but that leaves kinda the head wobbly and loose with a chance of me dropping my camera.

Did I just get a bad head or is there a way to fix or adjust this thing?

Thanks

lboden
06-29-2010, 08:17 AM
On the front of the V12 head there is a V12 sticker. If you peel off the sticker with a razor blade there is an adjustment screw for pan. If this does not work please e mail me at lboden@tiffen.com or call me at 800 645 2522 x 3228

Leigh Boden

adic
06-29-2010, 09:09 AM
Thanks for replying, but after twisting it for about 30 spins it seems to have loosened a little.

Its still tight but seems to make sense for it to have this amount of tension.. you don't wont it too loose right? Now it feels just about perfect.

but thanks for pointing out the adjustment for me.. That thing is really hiding :D

Even though the panning seems fine now i might want to adjust later for a different feel.

Thanks again :)