PDA

View Full Version : Looking for smallest bag to hold 1 SLR plus 1 small lens

sygyzy
10-11-2010, 04:08 PM
Hi,

I am new to Domke bags so I am hoping you can help me out. I looked through the offerings and there were so many it became a bit overwhelming. I am looking for the smallest/most compact bag I can get to hold a single Canon 40D SLR plus a single prime lens (likely 50mm). I may carry a second 50mm but either way, no zooms here. No flash or any accessories. If there's room for a spare battery and memory card, that'd be great. I am looking for a very minimalist setup here to take to restaurants for food photography (during meals, not a photo shoot). As such, the bag should hopefully be somewhat stylish or at least passable.

One or a few recommendations would be greatly appreciated!

Andrea
10-11-2010, 04:16 PM
Either the F-5XA or F-5XB would be enough. The F-5XB comes in RuggedWear which could be considered stylish.

sygyzy
10-11-2010, 04:19 PM
Hi Andrea,

Thanks for the quick reply. I was looking at the F-5XA/B as well. Are you pretty sure the F-5XA could fit a Canon 40D? I ask because it says it's for "compact" SLR's and I don't really know what that means.

Andrea
10-11-2010, 04:38 PM
I have used that bag with a Canon 5D with a 50mm lens and it fits ok, but there's not much room for much else. The F-5XB give you a little room for growth, an extra lens or a battery, or charger or something.

sygyzy
10-11-2010, 04:46 PM
Thanks for your feedback with actual user experience. I went ahead and placed an order for a F-5XB rugged :)