PDA

View Full Version : Domke F-2 Waxwear Shoulder Bag

Photoepia
01-24-2009, 05:52 PM
Though I haven't seen it in person, I love the idea and the look of this distressed bag. Do any of the other larger bags come with this canvas material?

saschagabor
01-25-2009, 09:34 AM
Looks really cool, will have to get me one of those! Would be neat if the F-3x came in this edition, as I´m looking into buying one for travels.

admin
01-26-2009, 07:57 AM
Currently only the F-2, F-803 and F-5XZ come in Brown Waxwear. They have only recently been released, so if things go well we may expand the line.

saschagabor
01-26-2009, 11:22 AM
I recently picked up a F-1x, F-808 and a F-5xc, so unfortunately I´ll have to pass (for now) on the currently offered sizes. Hope it proves to be a seller :)

Inclemency
03-21-2009, 06:16 PM
I saw two of these yesterday and absolutely fell in love...they are gorgeous!

Unfortunately, of the two I saw, one is too big, and one (I believe) is too small. Looked at the F-5XC Waxwear (cat# 700-53A on the tag), and I'm thinking it's not going to handle my D300 width-wise.

On the Tiffen site, the three waxwear bags listed, none are the F-5XC, it's the F-5XZ, instead. Is this one larger than the one I actually saw? *fingers crossed*

Y'all have outdone yourselves with the look of the waxwear, it's beautiful. I have an affinity for waxwear, having worn Barbour waxed jackets for years while riding my horses, working in the barn, etc.

Hopefully the F-5XZ will fit my camera, I want a 'walking around' shoulder bag for camera and probably one other lens and this would be perfect if the size is right.

Thanks

saschagabor
03-22-2009, 04:07 AM
The F-5xc fits my Olympus E-3, which has a little larger mirror box. Your D300 should not be a problem. I've also used the bag both in a "lens down" and divided horizontaly for use of the pockets (not on the F-5xz if I remember correctly).

And for acceccory, I could fit a lens and a flash. Sadly Domke does not (yet) offer an insert that fits the bag, so I had to go with a SuperFlex from Billingham. The 9-18 is a little bit tall, check your lens length if you could use the 9-15 insted.

Still hoping for a F-3x waxwear :)

Inclemency
03-23-2009, 10:12 AM
Ohh so your camera does fit the bag I saw, the F-5XC? That would be the best solution, but I wouldn't have thought that bag was wide enough. Guess I have to go back and actually have someone at the store put a camera inside it.

Thanks, and hope I understood you correctly!

:)

gingertwist
03-23-2009, 09:36 PM
I really like the look of the waxwear, but am curious if it needs special care?

Andrea
03-24-2009, 08:01 AM
Special care is up to you. We do give a small can of wax with the bag, so if you want to bring back the new look you can. If you don't want to, you don't have to.