View Full Version : What's the difference between Ruggedwear and Waxwear?

12-07-2010, 09:54 AM
Just wondering what is the difference between ruggedwear and waxwear? Im looking at the F-803 satchel bag in particular

Also is the bottom of the bag padded?

Thanks in advance

12-07-2010, 09:59 AM
Ruggedwear is what Tiffen/Domke call their wax-impregnated products. Waxwear is a more generic term.

12-07-2010, 10:02 AM
thank you for the fast answer

so its really the same thing? cause some online retailers like Amazon and BH Photo have both Ruggedwear and Waxwear....hence the confusion

12-07-2010, 03:06 PM
Probably depends on who the actual seller is, and who wrote the copy for that particular blurb.

12-07-2010, 06:19 PM
I agree with Jon.

12-08-2010, 05:50 AM
If you order one and it comes with a tag that says "Waxwear", not "Ruggedwear", let Andrea here know because it's probably a counterfeit.