PDA

View Full Version : What's a heavy duty video tripod that's 7 feet or taller that's under $200?

Derrearde
01-27-2011, 05:49 AM
It doesn't have to be super high tech, but I would really like for it to be as tall as possible (within my price range of $200) and heavy duty enough to last me a long time. I've seen the Davis & Sanford Maxi industrial tripod that extends to a towering 15 feet, but it's over $1,000! Why so pricey? Isn't there a tripod that height that isn't considered professional, thus yielding a price in my range

Jason Schneider
01-27-2011, 02:32 PM
We are not aware of any heavy-duty video tripod that extends to 7 feet and sells for $200 or less. The closest one we can come up with is the Davis & Sanford ProVista 12, which extends to 78 inches, comes with a V-12 pan/tilt fluid effect video head. It is very sturdy, stable, and well made, has a suggested price of $199.99, and may be available for less. Good luck and good shooting! Jason Schneider

carolbea
02-18-2011, 08:15 AM
We are not aware of any heavy-duty video tripod that extends to 7 feet and sells for $200 or less. The closest one we can come up with is the Davis & Sanford ProVista 12, which extends to 78 inches, comes with a V-12 pan/tilt fluid effect video head. It is very sturdy, stable, and well made, has a suggested price of $199.99, and may be available for less. Good luck and good shooting! Jason Schneider

johnbaker973
03-24-2011, 11:05 AM
good information. thanks

TYRON
03-29-2011, 02:35 AM
Dear Jason , I was trying to get the Davis & Sanford Maxi industrial tripod with 15 feet height But the price is so High . Would you tell me about why its price is so high . If there any special features on that basis we have to pay $1000 for it .

Jason Schneider
03-29-2011, 03:13 PM
The Davis & Sanford Maxi Industrial 15-foot tripod is manufactured in small quantities on special order and it requires special tooling. That is why it costs more than most other tripods in the line. Its special feature, aside from ultra-robust construction, is its 15-foot maximum height capability. Hope that answers your question. Best regards, Jason Schneider

Alfonsoiner
04-19-2012, 12:12 AM
We are not aware of any heavy duty video tripod that extends to 7 feet and sells for $ 200 or less. The closest one can come to mind are the Davis & Sanford Provista 12, which extends to 78 inches, equipped with a V-12 pan / tilt head for fluid video effects. It is powerful, stable and well made, has a suggested retail price of $ 199.99, and may be available for less. Good luck and good shooting! Jason Schneider. ;)