PDA

View Full Version : Do gorillapod flexible tripods work with flip video cameras?

Mellvin
01-30-2011, 10:49 PM
I need to buy a tripod for my flip slidehd but I have no idea what to buy. I like the gorillapod tripod a lot but I have no idea if the two are compatible.

Jason Schneider
01-31-2011, 11:08 AM
We do not have full specs on your camera, but we're pretty sure it doesn't have a standard (1/4x20) tripod socket, and will therefore require some kind of adapter or cradle if you want to use it with a standard tripod. The Gorillapod is not one of our products so we suggest you contact your local retailer about its specs, but we think it also has a standard tripod screw and may not work without an adapter of some sort. You might also check out the Steadicam Smoothee, an ingenious image-stabilization device that lets you shoot smooth, professional videos hand held. It does work with some models of the Flip, but it's not a tripod. Good luck and good shooting! Best regards, Jason Schneider

Jason Schneider
01-28-2012, 04:34 PM
We suggest you check out the Flip Camera website by doing a Google search. They list a stationary and action tripod specifically designed for these cameras, but it appears to mount via an adapter rather than screwing directly into the camera. The Gorillapod is not one of our products and we can't really comment on whether it is a workable alternative. Many users of compact video cameras equipped with standard 1/4x20 tripod sockets use the Davis & Sanford Mini Traveler Tripod (street price $24.99) with satisfaction. It's a sturdy pocket-sized tripod that weighs 1 pound, folds to 10.75 inches, extends to 39.5 inches, provides a maximum load capacity of 2.5 pounds, and has a ball head with handle. Good luck and goos shooting, Jason Schneider

stevesf
03-07-2012, 02:06 PM
It's better to buy that gorilla pod itself when compared to other... And comparing to features i'm just confused to suggest u what?....