PDA

View Full Version : Domke vest

dafiryde
02-08-2011, 04:33 PM
This looks like a great idea to replace a bag with only a few items ( packing light )
so i ask
is this vest practicle using in caribbean type weather ?
what are the measurements for the different sizes ?

Dave
T&T

Jon
02-09-2011, 08:56 AM
I have the jacket, not the vest, which has a different pocket arrangement (the vest has more, including at least one back pocket), so I can't answer how useful it'd be in place of a bag (I use the jacket to keep things like sound recorder, GPS, and note-taking materials handy). The jacket (which doesn't have the mesh inserts of the vest) is bearable, if warm, at temperatures in the low 80s with the sleeves removed. I wouldn't expect the vest to be very comfortable when it gets much over 90. And having a breeze, of course, helps.

Andrea
02-09-2011, 09:01 AM
The vest is cotton, so it breathes but I've never actually worn one out in the heat. The measurements are:

Small - Chest size 36-38
Medium - Chest size 40-44
Large - Chest size 44-48
X-Large - Chest size 50-52
XX-Large - Chest size 54-56

We recommend a size larger then you would wear to give the pockets some expanding room.

Andrea

dafiryde
02-18-2011, 08:00 PM
I got my Domke vest today and my first impression was WOW!!!!!!!!!!!
very well made, the material is not too thick so will handle well in my type of cllimate. i could see this vest and me going a long way :D
Thanks Domke for another well made product

Just four questions though
your site has
Facts and Figures:
•100% cotton, black or pigment-dyed for the popular "stonewashed" look
•Attractive natural color. A hint of olive/gray makes it a handsome, neutral-tone garment.
•Cotton mesh panels at yoke and back provide cooling ventilation.
•Removable Press Pass/ID holder
•18 pockets in all:
- Cargo pockets
- Pockets with weather-tight zipper closures
- Huge back packets
- Pen/pencil pockets
- Roomy handwarmer pockets
•Shoulders are padded and quilted
•Raised and padded collar for extra comfort
•Size adjustment tabs
•Heavy-duty double-pull zipper provides an adjustable closure for greater comfort
•Machine washable
•Sizes : S, M, L, XL and XXL

(Pockets with weather-tight zipper closures) mine only has one pocket with a zipper

(Pen/pencil pockets) mine came without

(Shoulders are padded and quilted) mine is not padded

(Raised and padded collar for extra comfort) mine is not padded

the pic on your site shows the zippered pocket on the right whereas mine has the zippered pocket on the left.
the pic on your site shows the domke logo on the left whereas mine has the logo on the right.
i know you always claim Domke products are made in the USA, the tag on mine has made in China.

Dave
T&T

dafiryde
02-21-2011, 07:52 AM
so is this a new design, or an immitation ?

Dave
T&T

dafiryde
02-24-2011, 08:16 AM
anything?

Dave
T&T

Andrea
02-24-2011, 09:10 AM
Sorry about the late reply. The vest did change and the website doesn't reflect the changes. It was changed because lenses and cameras have grown in size, so there were many complaints that the pockets were too small. We made the pockets larger and while we were at it made a few other changes. The vest hasn't been made in the US for many years, I don't know how long.

dafiryde
02-24-2011, 07:37 PM
Sorry about the late reply. The vest did change and the website doesn't reflect the changes. It was changed because lenses and cameras have grown in size, so there were many complaints that the pockets were too small. We made the pockets larger and while we were at it made a few other changes. The vest hasn't been made in the US for many years, I don't know how long.

thanks for the reply
i checked Bh photo site earlier today and relaised that they were showing the same type as the one i got

Dave
T&T

dafiryde
02-27-2011, 12:31 PM
by chance can you give me the dimensions of the size small, i find the medium is a bit too big, especially too long

Dave
T&T

dafiryde
02-28-2011, 06:53 PM
anything yet

Dave
T&T

dafiryde
03-02-2011, 07:18 AM
at least the length from the bottom of the collar to the bottom of the vest in the size small

Dave
T&T

dafiryde
03-04-2011, 12:16 PM
well i ordered a size small, hoping its at least 3" shorter

Dave
T&T

dafiryde
03-09-2011, 05:02 PM
I got a chance to try out my Domke vest yesterday, " Carnival tuesday " of all days. the sun was out in its full force as usual, temperatures well above the 90, very little wind, no clouds, and i was supprised i felt no warmer than usual. the vents really does its job. as for no padded pockets, no proplem. it was mostly bouncing into people and how hard could that be on your gear :o :D
so in caribbean full force sun Domke vest is no problem

Dave
T&T

admin
03-18-2011, 08:45 AM
Small - Chest size 36-38
Medium - Chest size 40-44
Large - Chest size 44-48
X-Large - Chest size 50-52
XX-Large - Chest size 54-56

dafiryde
03-18-2011, 03:24 PM
I got my Domke vest small and it is 3" shorter so i am very pleased :p

Dave
T&T

dafiryde
03-26-2011, 08:53 AM

now this is how a Domke vest is balanced and enjoyed :D

Dave
T&T

Jon
03-26-2011, 09:01 AM
Hope the water's not for use with the Scotch.

:{)#

dafiryde
03-28-2011, 08:15 AM
The scotch was for me :cool:
the water was for the wife :D

Dave
T&T

Jon
03-29-2011, 08:30 AM
That's a relief! :{)#

2mnycars
07-23-2011, 10:10 AM
It is in great shape. Ok in heat.

I have a scottevest tropical vest. It is fine in the heat. Doesn't carry gear as well as my Domke.