PDA

View Full Version : f6 inserts

JEH
02-27-2011, 03:25 PM
I want to purchase the one and two compartment inserts for my f6 bag, but on checking at B&H and Adorama, they were not listed. Is there a problem?

JEH
03-02-2011, 03:59 PM
I've been informed by B&H Photo that the one compartment is no longer being manufactured. That is a shame, Since it is perfect for holding a camera with a prime lens attached and ready for use. Dumb decision!

JEH
03-07-2011, 04:02 PM
Well, I just found out from a Tiffen customer service person that the 1 and 2 compartment inserts are now the same since the divider is removable. My bad. It has been a few years since I bought an insert, and I didn't know about the change. I like the new inserts even better due to the inherent flexibility.

JEH
03-12-2011, 09:39 PM
:mad:Based on the Tiffen customer service re the 1 and 2 compartment inserts now being combined via a removable divider, I ordered it from B&H Photo. It arrived, and is smaller than the preceding one compartment insert. Believe me, it won't hold most lenses, and with the divider removed, it won't hold my Exakta with a 50mm lens attached (the older 1compartment insert will). Tiffen has succeeded in making the F6 of limited usefulness to me.

Lacks_focus
03-15-2011, 06:53 AM
This very thing happened to me with a 2 compartment insert I ordered from B&H for the F2 / F1x sized bags. Not only was it smaller than the old two compartment insert, it was also smaller (in width) than the newer design (with adjustable panels) Digital insert that I have. I sent mine back for an exchange thinking it may have been a defect. The one I got in exchange was larger, but still a bit smaller than I figured. Works OK though. Like you, that first one I got was really unusable for my needs. It was about 1/2" narrower in width than it should have been. B&H was excellent about the return. They sent a pre-paid shipping label and turnaround for the exchange was very fast.

admin
03-18-2011, 08:42 AM
I hear you loud and clear. Give it a little time and it will be fixed.

noelh
03-20-2011, 03:29 PM
Thinking about up sizing to a F6. Inserts will be the deciding factor. Couple 216s and one 226 insert would have been a good match for the gear packed. Is there enough room in the 226 insert with the divider removed to place a camera with lens mounted into it that has dimensions ~4" x 5"?

JEH
03-28-2011, 03:37 PM
I was glad to see a post from "administration" saying that our complaints re the F6 inserts had been heard, and that it would be addressed. I suggest that Tiffen do a better job of publicizing changes such as these done on F6 inserts, and others as they happen. For example, the F3X bag was slightly enlarged a while back, but you have to be very attentive to know that. I hope you have decided to resize the F6 inserts to match the size of the old ones.

donair
01-26-2012, 10:11 PM
Good luck on fixing.

PatrickOZ
02-20-2012, 07:01 PM
Ive ordered from inserts from a lady I found on ebay. She is making me some pocket nappies and inserts. The nappies are really funky, made with a zebra pattern material.
Maybe u could email her and order some inserts.
I havent bought any others except the ones I got with my Bumgenius nappies and they are really good. Very absorbent. I know they sell them separately if u want to buy them. I bought mine from Nurture Nappies online.

PatrickOZ
02-21-2012, 12:19 AM
I have a set of 20 ga inserts for use in a 12 gauge but havent ever gotten around to trying them.

I got them thinking that they would be nice to have on hand and I could do upland bird hunting with them but the time and opportunity just never came around...

GiseleB1966
03-08-2012, 03:02 AM
Hey guys,
Do you need to reuse the intake manifold inserts when you use the new Fel-Pro one piece intake/eshaust gasket? If so, where can you find the inserts? I have one, but need four. Thanks.
Rusty

NZavaloff
03-29-2012, 12:28 AM
I like the new inserts even better due to the inherent flexibility.

Maritka
07-05-2012, 10:23 AM
So I have been looking for a couple of weeks now and cant seem to find black mesh grille inserts. I have found the upper but not the lower. Anyone know where one can find a set? Also is the emblem attached to the grill or the bumper on the 02? Can it be removed if so? Thanks

SLnikeev
08-23-2012, 08:27 AM
I have a set of 20 ga inserts for use in a 12 gauge but havent ever gotten around to trying them.

alcheevIG
09-13-2012, 09:40 AM
I have one, but need four. Thanks.
Rusty

VAmeltsoff
09-14-2012, 09:33 AM

VAmeltsoff
09-15-2012, 12:02 AM
If so, where can you find the inserts? I have one, but need four. Thanks. Rusty

georrgyutss
10-01-2012, 05:11 AM
I buy whole inserts. .30 ea plus shipping. Its cheaper than spending 2 per Sunday paper. I dont get them until Wed. or Thurs. but thats ok with me. A lot of Wucies sell whole inserts at a fairly good price.

JEH
10-15-2012, 04:19 PM
This forum is about Domke equipment. I do not think off-subject participants should be allowed to post. :mad: Relative to the F6 inserts, I think the basic idea of removable partitions is OK. But the current offerings don't provide the size of the older inserts. We need 216 and 226 inserts the same size as the originals. Has anything been done to address this?

AJloff
10-20-2012, 04:10 AM
If so, where can you find the inserts? I have one, but need four. Thanks.