Tiffen Community

Tiffen Community (http://www.tiffen.com/forum/index.php)
-   Feedback (http://www.tiffen.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   F3X rugged wear (http://www.tiffen.com/forum/showthread.php?t=176)

dafiryde 09-24-2009 10:03 PM

F3X rugged wear

finally took the plunge and ordered one today, should get it before next week end, some questions though
- how often do you have to reaply the wax
- does the wax have a specified drying time
- would it mark on white clothing
- is the rugged wear more waterproof than the regular canvas bags
- does it have the rings on the backside of the bag

Dave

Aero 09-26-2009 10:24 PM

[QUOTE=dafiryde;975]finally took the plunge and ordered one today, should get it before next week end, some questions though
- how often do you have to reaply the wax
- does the wax have a specified drying time
- would it mark on white clothing
- is the rugged wear more waterproof than the regular canvas bags
- does it have the rings on the backside of the bag

Dave[/QUOTE]

I have the F-3x, I might be able to answer some of the q's

1. I think you only need to apply the wax to repair it (major scratch).
2. Can't answer this since I haven't applied one yet, but a vid on youtube shows that it dries up really quick with a hairdryer
3. I don't carry it for long periods of time but it hasn't leave any mark, yet. I tried to smudge it on a white shirt that I have and it only left a feint transparent waxy feel to it, nothing major.
4. Mine has the metal O ring at the back side.

dafiryde 09-27-2009 12:41 AM

[QUOTE=Aero;977]I have the F-3x, I might be able to answer some of the q's

1. I think you only need to apply the wax to repair it (major scratch).
2. Can't answer this since I haven't applied one yet, but a vid on youtube shows that it dries up really quick with a hairdryer
3. I don't carry it for long periods of time but it hasn't leave any mark, yet. I tried to smudge it on a white shirt that I have and it only left a feint transparent waxy feel to it, nothing major.
4. Mine has the metal O ring at the back side.[/QUOTE]

Thanks, one more ques
How does the colour look

Dave

Aero 09-27-2009 07:25 AM

[QUOTE=dafiryde;978]Thanks, one more ques
How does the colour look

Dave[/QUOTE]

The color is dark brown, its darker than the domke chocolate colored bag. I would say the color is similar to a dark brown leather.

dafiryde 09-27-2009 11:05 AM

[QUOTE=Aero;979]The color is dark brown, its darker than the domke chocolate colored bag. I would say the color is similar to a dark brown leather.[/QUOTE]

sounds goog so far

Dave

Andrea 09-28-2009 02:29 PM

You apply the wax and then put a hair dryer to it. That melts the was to the bag. It drys almost immediately. I have been carrying one for about 8 months and haven't reapplied. I saw a bag that's been used for years without ever applying new wax, it looked almost leathery. And yes, it is actually more weather proof then canvas.

dafiryde 09-28-2009 07:22 PM

[QUOTE=Andrea;981]You apply the wax and then put a hair dryer to it. That melts the was to the bag. It drys almost immediately. I have been carrying one for about 8 months and haven't reapplied. I saw a bag that's been used for years without ever applying new wax, it looked almost leathery. And yes, it is actually more weather proof then canvas.[/QUOTE]

sounds even better
just got word that my bag reached miami, so should get it on wednesday

Dave

saschagabor 09-30-2009 04:39 AM

I´ll order one my self in a couple of days, looking forward to it! Hope you´ll write down your thoughts about it and hopefully post some photos. Enjoy your new Domke!

saschagabor 10-04-2009 02:44 AM

Let´s hope I don´t have to wait to long, because now I´ve ordered my first non-Olive Domke! I must say that I´m looking forward to the day it arrives :) Will the RuggedWear really be as nice as I imagine?

I also ordered F-3x in Chocolate for my woman. Her Chocolate F-5xb is too small to both act as a camera bag AND a purse...

dafiryde 10-04-2009 10:05 AM

[QUOTE=saschagabor;1001]Let´s hope I don´t have to wait to long, because now I´ve ordered my first non-Olive Domke! I must say that I´m looking forward to the day it arrives :) Will the RuggedWear really be as nice as I imagine?

I also ordered F-3x in Chocolate for my woman. Her Chocolate F-5xb is too small to both act as a camera bag AND a purse...[/QUOTE]

if you like a leathery look, then you will love this one

Dave