Tiffen Community

Tiffen Community (http://www.tiffen.com/forum/index.php)
-   Feedback (http://www.tiffen.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   F3X comfort (http://www.tiffen.com/forum/showthread.php?t=272)

dafiryde 03-27-2010 08:49 AM

F3X comfort

i just spent a 7 day trip with my F3X and by the fifth day i took no more pics due to my shoulders and lower back was in total agony.:mad:
is there a way out of this
would the backpack strap have saved the day
is there a waist belt strap to fit the F3X

Dave
T&T

Henrick 03-27-2010 11:16 AM

The backpack strap might help, since the weight wouldn't be only on one shoulder...

Personnaly, I take my F3X when I only have the camera and 2 lenses maximum. If I have to carry more than that (1% of the time), I take my Kata DR-465 backpack.

Jon 03-27-2010 05:04 PM

Are you using the Post Office Pad? You [i]could[/i] use the backpack straps; I'd suggest though that if you're having back troubles from what you can fit in an F3x, maybe your first stop should be with your doctor or physical therapist to strengthen your back muscles. Usually when I'm out, the camera's out of the bag, which makes a marked difference in the bag's weight.

dafiryde 03-27-2010 05:17 PM

[QUOTE=Henrick;1489]The backpack strap might help, since the weight wouldn't be only on one shoulder...

Personnaly, I take my F3X when I only have the camera and 2 lenses maximum. If I have to carry more than that (1% of the time), I take my Kata DR-465 backpack.[/QUOTE]

it must be age. :confused:
all i had in it was a Nikon D90/grip, 17-55 lens, 70-300 lens, 360 flash :eek:
i did not have with me but i own a lowepro flipside and lowepro versapack,
but i like the convenience and draw speed of a F3X.
But i aint going thru that pain again.

can i over come that

Dave
T&T

Henrick 03-28-2010 07:00 AM

Maybe age or lack of sport then...

dafiryde 03-29-2010 10:21 PM

[QUOTE=Jon;1490]Are you using the Post Office Pad? You [i]could[/i] use the backpack straps; I'd suggest though that if you're having back troubles from what you can fit in an F3x, maybe your first stop should be with your doctor or physical therapist to strengthen your back muscles. Usually when I'm out, the camera's out of the bag, which makes a marked difference in the bag's weight.[/QUOTE]

well i just spent 2 days turning this house upside down and i found my Domke shoulder pad. took one look at it and realised why i never used it.
so i need to know something here
is the padded part suppose to be soft or ( hard and stiff )

Dave
T&T

Arnaud 03-30-2010 01:20 AM

It's a mix of the two.

Jon 03-30-2010 09:15 AM

It's firm, neither rigid nor spongy. It'll spread the weight across a wider area, which the soft strap pads won't, but has enough give that the edges won't cut into your shoulder.

dafiryde 03-30-2010 11:14 AM

[QUOTE=Jon;1501]It's firm, neither rigid nor spongy. It'll spread the weight across a wider area, which the soft strap pads won't, but has enough give that the edges won't cut into your shoulder.[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=Arnaud;1500]It's a mix of the two.[/QUOTE]

will give it a try
thanks again

Dave T&T

2mnycars 04-02-2010 09:15 PM

Feedback==can't find the pad here in Canada at the retailers.

It's frustrating finding affordable pads, and inserts.

DaveL