Go Back   Tiffen Community > Domke Bags and Accessories > Feedback

camera straps
Old 06-06-2010, 04:20 PM

Default camera straps

Am I the only user who thinks the plastic retainers on Domke camera straps are too large? My Nikon strap retainers stay put as they are narrower than those used by Domke. This annoying looseness could be so easily fixed by Domke. Responses?

Old 06-06-2010, 04:25 PM
Andrea

Hi, no you're not the only one that feels that way and we are working on it. I agree that it should be simple, which makes wonder why I'm having trouble getting them made. Once I get them done I'll let you know.
Andrea

Camera Straps
Old 07-09-2010, 04:12 PM

Default Camera Straps

Andrea,

Thanks for your reply. Hope you can get smaller retainers. I have reduced the annoying oversize retainers on my four straps by 50%. This was done by removing the topmost retainer, threading the strap as per normal except that I go through the top slot of the buckle and out the bottom slot leaving about 1,5 inches of strap. This then is between the "up" and "down" parts of the strap. So, I now have only the two retainers at the bottom, and they aren't nearly as annoying as the top retainer were. But it would still be nice to have a snug fit. Thanks for your efforts.

Jim Hataway

Camera Straps
Old 07-12-2010, 01:05 PM

Default Camera Straps

Andrea,

I have "solved" the retainer problem. Instead of leaving about 1.5 inches on the return, I lengthened it until it was close to the bottom. Then I pushed the remaining retainer over three widths of strap. It is very snug. I think this method of installing the strap also provides an additional measure of security, since it would be hard to imagine the strap somehow getting loose. :)

Jim Hataway