Go Back   Tiffen Community > Domke Bags and Accessories > On Location

Bag is a tripod - carry less
Old 08-24-2010, 11:28 AM

Default Bag is a tripod - carry less

The photo of me holding a camera and the FX3 Super Compact Domke Bag isn't simply a portrait, but shows how the camera bag is a tripod. I put it on the ledge and rest over it to hold the long lens steady. The softer bag absorbs shock and you don't have to worry about poking someone with a tripod leg.

I use to use the pocket in the flap to hold filters! You don't need to carry around the tripod and you don't need all those filters, either.

Now I can add effects in the computer, see it and search around to make the photo look just right. I actually like to use several filters - - - modify color/contrast and save it, then open it again in Photoshop go to Filters and open Tiffen Dfx to vignette around the edges which took out some distracting elements. Digital photography lets you be creative. Look at what I did to the photo taken of me by Akira Suwa in NYC.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Bagman09.jpg (32.8 KB, 65 views)
File Type: jpg Bagman08.jpg (36.7 KB, 51 views)

Old 08-25-2010, 09:08 AM
Henrick

It's funny because I used my F3X exactly like that as a tripod at a wedding two weeks ago :D

Old 11-12-2010, 02:04 PM
dafiryde

[QUOTE=Jim Domke;1958]The photo of me holding a camera and the FX3 Super Compact Domke Bag isn't simply a portrait, but shows how the camera bag is a tripod. I put it on the ledge and rest over it to hold the long lens steady. The softer bag absorbs shock and you don't have to worry about poking someone with a tripod leg.

I use to use the pocket in the flap to hold filters! You don't need to carry around the tripod and you don't need all those filters, either.

Now I can add effects in the computer, see it and search around to make the photo look just right. I actually like to use several filters - - - modify color/contrast and save it, then open it again in Photoshop go to Filters and open Tiffen Dfx to vignette around the edges which took out some distracting elements. Digital photography lets you be creative. Look at what I did to the photo taken of me by Akira Suwa in NYC.[/QUOTE]

Ken Rockwell claims tripods are from dinosore days, now we have IS, OS,VR

Old 11-12-2010, 03:23 PM

[QUOTE=dafiryde;2189]Ken Rockwell claims tripods are from dinosore days, now we have IS, OS,VR[/QUOTE]

Yes, well, we all [I]know[/I] Ken [B]Rock[/B]well has no trouble hand-holding 30 minute exposures. It's part of his genius.

Old 11-12-2010, 10:46 PM
dafiryde

[QUOTE=Jon;2190]Yes, well, we all [I]know[/I] Ken [B]Rock[/B]well has no trouble hand-holding 30 minute exposures. It's part of his genius.[/QUOTE]

one does not need to hand hold a 30 minute exposure when he can just rest his camera comfortably on a Domke f3x and do two 30 minute exposures :D

Dave
T&T

Tags
dfx, filters, tripods