Go Back   Tiffen Community > Tripods > Davis & Sanford Tripods

Broken Tripod Leg
Old 11-09-2010, 09:55 AM
Mojoyashka

Default Broken Tripod Leg

I've got a Provista Air 18 tripod that I purchased in March of 2008. Recently one of the lower leg segments came off during a shoot. Upon examination I could see that one of the hex locking mechanisms (the one connecting the leg to the upper segment) had broken and allowed the leg to slip off.

I think I'm covered under warranty, but I think I could replace the part and fix it myself if I can get the broken piece. Is there any way to obtain this part?

If not, what kind of turnaround can I expect on a warranty claim?

Thanks

Old 11-09-2010, 10:04 AM

Hi

We could send you the part you need to fix your leg. Please e mail me a picture of the broken part so we are sure we send you the right item. My e mail is lboden@tiffen.com. Phone is 800 645 2522 x 3228

Regards
Leigh Boden

Old 11-09-2010, 10:07 AM
Mojoyashka

Will do.

Thanks.

Thanks for the help!
Old 12-13-2010, 08:06 PM
Mojoyashka

Default Thanks for the help!

Just wanted to post a thanks to Leigh Boden for helping me out. After a little back and forth I got the part I needed and was able to do my own repair with a minimum of down time.

Thanks for the great customer service!

Old 12-19-2010, 11:58 PM
cooljul

I never knew that such an efficient customer service exists. I also have a tripod for repair and I think if I upload its picture then I will get the necessary part that I want. Once I get the part, I hope I can do the repair work myself. I will be really thankful for your help.

Last edited by cooljul; 01-03-2011 at 05:11 AM..

Broken Tripod Leg
Old 02-06-2011, 07:05 AM
dennichristianthegreate

I have a we hi-capa 4.3 and it is about 2 days old. The gas valve on the mag is broken, it doesnt hold the gas. The gas just leaks out slowly, is it normal for gas mags to do that? It also happened to my freinds glock mag. Can i fix it instead of buying a new mag?

Old 03-29-2011, 02:48 AM
TYRON

Dear Mojoyashka,,, You need to send the the broken leg of Provista Air 18 tripod to the customer service Center of the company that might exchange your tripod broken leg with new leg .

Sell tablets more
Old 04-30-2012, 08:29 AM
saleolitoss

Default Sell tablets more

sell Betapace, Buy Betapace without prescription, purchase Betapace discount [url=http://che. [url=http://www.formspring.me/betapaceonline/q/321243926268748516]buy betapace canada[/url] Buy Generic Betapace. The quality articles are selected related closely with topic Buy Generic Betapace [url=http://www.formspring.me/betapaceonline/q/321243926268748516]where to buy betapace[/url]

AirLift 18 Warranty Repair
Old 04-29-2011, 10:30 AM

Default AirLift 18 Warranty Repair

Sorry you're having a problem with your AirLift 18 tripod. Since you are evidently mechanically inclined, it would indeed be easier for us to send you a replacement part for your tripod than for you to send back the entire unit. Please take a photo of the broken part and send it along with a brief description of the problem plus your name, address, and daytime telephone number to Harry Hofmann at hhofmann@tiffen.com. He will send you the part you need at no cost. Thanks, and best regards, Jason Schneider

Broken Tripod Leg
Old 12-13-2011, 05:29 AM
LiereeMumma

I lost a foot on one of of the legs of a Sunpak 757TM tripod. Tocad distributor was kind enough
to send me a new lower leg. I have no instructions on how to change out this leg. Any ideas or suggestions? I gently tried
one pin on the snap but it did not move. Thanks