Go Back   Tiffen Community > Domke Bags and Accessories > Feedback

What Ever Happened To Domke?
Old 11-10-2010, 08:46 AM
flashbang

Default What Ever Happened To Domke?

Time was when Domke cared enough about their customers that they not only repaired their bags, they also offered this service free. Times (and the company) have changed. The last time I inquired about having my Domke bag repaired I was told that they do not have anyone left on staff who "knows" how to repair a bag.

I read that as "Go buy a new one!"

Jim Domke may have sold them his name, but his Customer Service clearly was not included in the deal.

Old 11-10-2010, 02:49 PM
natper

[QUOTE=flashbang;2181]Time was when Domke cared enough about their customers that they not only repaired their bags, they also offered this service free. Times (and the company) have changed. The last time I inquired about having my Domke bag repaired I was told that they do not have anyone left on staff who "knows" how to repair a bag.

I read that as "Go buy a new one!"

Jim Domke may have sold them his name, but his Customer Service clearly was not included in the deal.[/QUOTE]

What do you need repaired? I have found they have excellent customer service. Look through the threads here- they have gone as far as replacing bags that were defective. Now- if you wore your bag everyday for the last 30 years and have worn out the fabric..........dude- its time for a new bag!

Old 11-10-2010, 03:51 PM
flashbang

Re-read my original post. Or is this a reply from one of Tiffen's flacks? Dude.

Old 11-10-2010, 04:32 PM
Administrator

I think I'm a Tiffen flack, Natper is not. Thanks Natper. But the question is valid, what is wrong with your bag and how old is it? Domke bags have now been around for over 30 years and even Domke fabrics do wear out. 20 years ago if we restitched every bag for free we would have been ok, however there are sooooo many bags out there now after 30 plus years in business we just couldn't possibly supply that service to every old bag on the street. However, we do offer a 2 year warranty and always help our customers within that time frame. Beyond that timeframe we recommend a luggage or shoe repair shop, most of the time they can fix your bag for less than what it would cost us or you in shipping fees. So, how can I help you?