Go Back   Tiffen Community > Tripods > Davis & Sanford Tripods

I want to set up a lil photo studio, is this tripod good enough?
Old 11-18-2010, 10:05 PM
loganaum

Default I want to set up a lil photo studio, is this tripod good enough?

Hey guys,

I'm on a really tight budget. The heaviest gear is my canon 450D attached to my 70-200mm L lens, its about 1,1 kilo. I want to buy the Davis & Sanford traveler tripod (15 euros). It's really cheap and exactly what I need, but is this tripod safe.

Oh and by the way, could someone give me an advice for what lighting i should buy? I don't know if I should buy a softbox umbrella or a flash umbrella. The flash umbrella can be used as a diffusor and as a light source.

help appreciated.

[url=http://www.healthproductreviewers.com/leanspa-acai-review.html]leanspa[/url]

Last edited by loganaum; 11-22-2010 at 12:16 AM..

Davis & Sanford Traveler
Old 11-19-2010, 05:56 PM

Default Davis & Sanford Traveler

Hi, the Davis & Sanford tripod is certainly very light and compact and it's an excellent value for the money, but it's maximum rated load capacity is 1.1 only kilos or 2-1/2 pounds so it would be marginal for your outfit. We suggest you take a look at the Davis & Sanford Voyager Lite, which is compact and sturdy, weighs in at only 3 pounds, and has a maximum load capacity of 8 pounds--much better suited to your use, especially if you ever add a larger lens. It is more expensive than 15 euros, but it still qualifies as a very economical and robust tripod.
Best of luck and good shooting! Jason Schneider

Old 12-20-2010, 12:03 AM
cooljul

I have used Davis & Sanford traveler tripod and I am quite satisfied because it is light and very easy to carry. It is quite comfortable to work with it. As you have mentioned that you are going through a tight budget, I feel this will be the right option.