Go Back   Tiffen Community > Tripods > Davis & Sanford Tripods

Quick release-ball head
Old 10-06-2010, 08:40 AM
natper

Default Quick release-ball head

Can anybody give me the size of the quick release plate for the BHQ8 Ball Head. Im wondering if giottos plates are the same size?

Also with the TRAVERSE legs- can I switch out ball heads?

Thanks

Quick Release Plates & Ball Heads
Old 10-06-2010, 01:36 PM

Default Quick Release Plates & Ball Heads

Hi, The only quick-release plate we recommend for the BHQ8 head is the QRBHQ8. We cannot confirm whether a Giotto's quick-release plate will work or not, but it could get stuck or damage the head, so be careful if you try it. As for alternative ball heads for the Traverse, the two alternatives we offer are the BHQ8 and the BH11, which have load capacities of 8 and 11 pounds respectively. Other heads may fit, but may prevent you from closing/nesting the legs properly. Good luck and best regards, Jason Schneider

Old 10-07-2010, 09:27 AM
natper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason Schneider View Post
Hi, The only quick-release plate we recommend for the BHQ8 head is the QRBHQ8. We cannot confirm whether a Giotto's quick-release plate will work or not, but it could get stuck or damage the head, so be careful if you try it. As for alternative ball heads for the Traverse, the two alternatives we offer are the BHQ8 and the BH11, which have load capacities of 8 and 11 pounds respectively. Other heads may fit, but may prevent you from closing/nesting the legs properly. Good luck and best regards, Jason Schneider
So the Ballhead is screwed down and can be removed? I think its usually a 3/8 screw? Also- can I get extra quick release plates?

Thanks for your reply.

Follow-up on BhQ8, etc.
Old 10-07-2010, 11:15 AM

Default Follow-up on BhQ8, etc.

You are correct that the head is affixed with a 3/8-inch screw. You can order extra QRBHQ8 quick-release plates for yo9ur BHQ8 head by contacting your Tiffen dealer or calling Tiffen at 631-273-2500. Best of luck, Jason Schneider

Old 12-20-2010, 12:17 AM
cooljul

For a long time I had also been searching for a quick release plate for the BHQ8 ball head. Since I could not find one, I used gittos plates. They are of the same type only. It fits perfectly for my ball head. But, I am not sure whether it will cause any damage in the future. I advice you to get the required quick release plate.

Quick Release Plates & Ball Heads
Old 12-20-2010, 09:10 AM

Default Quick Release Plates & Ball Heads

You are correct. The QRBHQ8 quick release plate is the only one we recommend for the BHQ8 Ball Head. You can order it through Tiffen or any well stocked retailer such as B&H. Best, Jason Schneider