Go Back   Tiffen Community > Tiffen Filters

Rattling filter
Old 05-06-2011, 02:49 AM
fotojack

Default Rattling filter

I have a couple of Tiffen filters that are loose in their respective frames. In other words....they rattle if shaken. What causes the glass to become loose? Is there a way to fix this? Just curious.

Old 05-06-2011, 07:58 AM
jillconrad

The filter glass is secured by a lock ring that screws in from the top. The lock ring has backed off from the glass either because it was not secured tightly enough during assembly or the wrong lock ring was used. There are 2 slots, opposite of each other on the lock ring. You can use a compass tool to screw the lock ring down tightly, but it can be tricky. If it slips, it can scratch the ring or the glass. The other option would be to return them to us and we will either repair or replace the filters at no charge. If you do return, please have them sent to my attention - Jill Conrad.

Rattling filter
Old 12-05-2011, 03:36 PM
LiereeMumma

Default Rattling filter

I just wanted to know if there is any difference between Haze UV 0 filter and the other one..

Thanks

sangfroid wrote:

Is Haze UV (0) Different from others.....
Old 12-05-2011, 03:48 PM
jillconrad

Default Is Haze UV (0) Different from others.....

The Haze UV (0) is a multi-coated filter by Hoya, that reduces UV light. I believe it absorbs 39% of Ultra Violet light, the same as their Pro-1 Digital series. There are a vareity of Haze and UV protection filters available. Tiffen makes UV and Haze filters that absorb anywhere from15% to nearly 100% of UV light and our multi-coated Digital HT Haze 86 absorbs 86% of UV light, so there is a variety to choose from. There is something available to fit any budget.