Go Back   Tiffen Community > Domke Bags and Accessories > Feedback

Best way to clean "J" series bags?
Old 03-21-2009, 09:09 AM
Chris B.

Default Best way to clean "J" series bags?

I've been using Domke bags since I bought my first one when Jim Domke was a photographer at the Philadelphia Inquirer. Although I used to have about 8 of them, I now only have 3: 1 satchel and several of the J- series bags.

Over time, the J-series have collected a large amount of dog drool stains on the outside, and I've not been able to remove them with any degree of success. I have a Newfoundland and slobber and drool is just part of our lives!

I've tried soap and water, and scrubbed quite a bit, but have not tried any commercial cleaners because I don't know how they'll affect the ballistic cloth.
Can anyone offer some suggestions?

Old 03-21-2009, 05:22 PM

Not a specific suggestion but check a camping/outdoors store. They usually carry products safe for cleaning backpacks, tents or parkas.

Old 03-23-2009, 10:21 AM
Andrea

We do not recommend commercial cleaners. A very mild soap like Ivory and water, and then rinse throughly and then let it air dry is the only suggestion I have. I can mail you a small peice of fabric and you can try anything you want. If you get any good results let me know. If you would like to try you can e-mail me your address at [email]arauch@tiffen.com[/email].

Old 10-08-2009, 09:53 PM
DennisW1

[QUOTE=Chris B.;441]I've been using Domke bags since I bought my first one when Jim Domke was a photographer at the Philadelphia Inquirer. Although I used to have about 8 of them, I now only have 3: 1 satchel and several of the J- series bags.

Over time, the J-series have collected a large amount of dog drool stains on the outside, and I've not been able to remove them with any degree of success. I have a Newfoundland and slobber and drool is just part of our lives!

I've tried soap and water, and scrubbed quite a bit, but have not tried any commercial cleaners because I don't know how they'll affect the ballistic cloth.
Can anyone offer some suggestions?[/QUOTE]

I'd like to know this too. I have a smaller non-ballistic bag that I just throw in the washing machine, works fine. I'm not yet to the point of needing to clean my J-1 bag that bad but I've considered just tossing it in the Maytag.