Go Back   Tiffen Community > Domke Bags and Accessories > Feedback

New J2-C Bag - Maybe??
Old 03-25-2009, 07:26 AM
Mark C

Default New J2-C Bag - Maybe??

Hi All,

I have been a Domke user for more that 30 years. During that time I have "strayed" but always seem to come back to my Domke collection.

As posted in other threads, the AF lenses and cameras are a bit chunckier than the film 35mm. At that time my full kit fit into an F2 with no problems.

I have all three versions of the J Series but would really like to use the canvas F2. However the bulk of the AF systems makes that bag a bit too tight a fit no matter how I load it. I have settled on using the J2.

Did you ever consider making a canvas verison of the J2?? The J2 seems to be a little fuller and will accomodate the AF system. Just use the pattern from the J2 and subsititue canvas for ballistic.

Just a suggestion and thanks for your time.

Old 03-25-2009, 08:03 AM
Andrea

Hi Mark,
Thanks for the feedback. We are working on an F-2 that's more appropriate for the digital age and your suggestion is very interesting.
Thanks,
Andrea

New J2-C Bag - Maybe??
Old 03-25-2009, 08:49 AM
Mark C

Default New J2-C Bag - Maybe??

Andrea,

Thanks for your comment. Every once in while I will try to restack my Canon 1D Mkll, 24-70, 16-35 and 70-200 (all 2.8 L's) with the flash and battery in the F2 and it just is a bit too tight.

Looking forward to what may come in down the line and will hold on until then.

Old 03-29-2009, 10:58 AM
lohanette

The new F2 sounds nice.
I also find having my 1D with 17-40 (lense down) a little tight, not so much with the width of bag but length.
Extra inch longer would do it.
Any idea when this bag will be available?
I'll take one in black canvas :-)

Last edited by lohanette; 03-29-2009 at 11:10 AM..

Old 04-02-2009, 09:51 AM

[QUOTE=Mark C;459]Andrea,

Thanks for your comment. Every once in while I will try to restack my Canon 1D Mkll, 24-70, 16-35 and 70-200 (all 2.8 L's) with the flash and battery in the F2 and it just is a bit too tight.

Looking forward to what may come in down the line and will hold on until then.[/QUOTE]
Which insert are you using? I use the 720-230 along the back in all mine; in the F-2 I leave one end compartment empty. The other compartments (the '230 has slightly bigger compartments than the others) hold any of my core lenses (70-200 2.8 IS, 24-70 2.8 or Sigma 15-30) and the 1D3 goes on its side with the lens lying across the front of the bag. The bottom grip squashes in the empty compartment, or if you've got one of the shorter lenses on, you can use all 3. I keep my flash in one of the end pockets. Batteries go in the bottom of the bag, and help prop the lens up a bit.

Old 04-03-2009, 07:19 AM
Mark C

Jon,

Currently I am using the large insert from the J2 and a combination of dividers from other bags.

In the large insert I place the 16-35 on its side and put a divider next to and across the top of the lens. The camera is placed battery down "over" the lens. I have a foam cushion under the camera for support.

For the 70-200 and flash, I use the movable divider from the J2. It works but it just a bit too tight and I really like the canvas material better.

Old 04-03-2009, 08:35 AM

Move the flash to an outside pocket - there's room. If you want padding, leave it in the Canon case (which keeps the "shoe stand" handy too).

Old 04-06-2009, 09:08 AM
Andrea

It's looking like this bag should be avialable around August.