Go Back   Tiffen Community > Domke Bags and Accessories > On Location

Old 05-13-2009, 02:34 PM
Farff

[QUOTE=Andrea;684]I'd love to see a picture.[/QUOTE]

Actually, I tried to post one but cannot because I'm a new member. Something about having to have ten posts. I'll post a photo to the "what's in your Domke" thread when I've exceeded that limit. Until then, you'll just have to dream of the nice faded green F-6. ;-)

Old 05-13-2009, 02:55 PM
Andrea

I'm not the best dreamer but luckily I can cheat. I think I've fixed it so you can post a photo.

F-6 with a little fade.
Old 05-13-2009, 03:22 PM
Farff

Default F-6 with a little fade.

Look at you go, Andrea! Thanks.

Here is the [URL="http://www.flickr.com/photos/67694160@N00/2173218643/in/pool-domke"]F-6[/URL].

I'm actually pretty surprised at how well the color has held up over the last ten years given how often this bag is toted around! It has gone virtually everywhere for quite some time.

Old 05-13-2009, 03:27 PM
Administrator

Thanks!!! The color has really held up, actually it looks like the whole bag did.

Old 05-13-2009, 03:50 PM
Farff

[QUOTE=admin;692]Thanks!!! The color has really held up, actually it looks like the whole bag did.[/QUOTE]

I suppose the color held up because I've never used anything other than a damp cloth to clean it. It really never crossed my mind to put it in a washing machine as I've read numerous others on this site have done.

Old 11-01-2009, 06:30 PM
Trius

[QUOTE=dafiryde;544]looking to get an F6 and i would really like some input on its colour
which colour do you find makes it look less like a camera bag or would draw less attencion to it

Dave[/QUOTE]

I have an F6 and the F5X-B, both in sand. I prefer the sand for all my Domke bags because I think it looks pretty inconspicuous, but also because of the heat issue, as mentioned. I do have an olive F-802, which I bought this weekend in as new condition, from a friend who no longer needed it. I like the colour, and as I live in Southern Ontario and western New York state, a lot of the time heat sink won't be an issue. In addition, its main purpose will be as a notebook/laptop bag, with camera gear secondary, so it will be inside a lot.

If you don't think heat absorption is an issue with cameras, then you might want to do an experiment. One day when I was shooting an outdoor event on a very hot (~35C) summer day, I kept my excess gear and film in the back of my white pickup truck with a white fibreglass cap on the bed. I was really glad for that setup, as the gear and film were a full 10deg or more cooler than if they had been in the full sun or a dark coloured vehicle. Of course I had parked under a tree that helped, but I think you need every advantage you can get. Why tempt fate?

Old 08-31-2010, 08:59 PM
dafiryde

[QUOTE=Trius;1084]I have an F6 and the F5X-B, both in sand. I prefer the sand for all my Domke bags because I think it looks pretty inconspicuous, but also because of the heat issue, as mentioned. I do have an olive F-802, which I bought this weekend in as new condition, from a friend who no longer needed it. I like the colour, and as I live in Southern Ontario and western New York state, a lot of the time heat sink won't be an issue. In addition, its main purpose will be as a notebook/laptop bag, with camera gear secondary, so it will be inside a lot.

If you don't think heat absorption is an issue with cameras, then you might want to do an experiment. One day when I was shooting an outdoor event on a very hot (~35C) summer day, I kept my excess gear and film in the back of my white pickup truck with a white fibreglass cap on the bed. I was really glad for that setup, as the gear and film were a full 10deg or more cooler than if they had been in the full sun or a dark coloured vehicle. Of course I had parked under a tree that helped, but I think you need every advantage you can get. Why tempt fate?[/QUOTE]

thanks
i know heat is an issue for film, but not sure how much for digital, then again too much of something is never good

Dave
Trini