Go Back   Tiffen Community > Domke Bags and Accessories > On Location

Backpacking a shoulder bag
Old 04-16-2009, 10:25 AM

Default Backpacking a shoulder bag

Rings on the back are useful mainly for larger bags, it enables you to clip on the backpack. We constantly modify the bag and try to make it as functional as possible.

Old 04-16-2009, 10:59 AM

IIRC the original F3 had the same strap arrangement as the F-802/F-804/F-805 - it was loose so you could attach the F-901 or F-902 using the velcro backing straps; no side pockets. My ex kept that one, so it's been years since I last saw it, but it seems that would be a workable solution. I use it on my F-802 and F-805

I'm an old codger and
Old 05-04-2009, 10:59 PM
JackKurtz

Default I'm an old codger and

I remember back in the 80's the original F3 (not the F3x) didn't have those side pockets. They were introduced with the F3X. I wonder if any of those old, original F3's have collectable value. :)

jack

Old 05-10-2009, 03:00 PM
timezero

Andrea,

I have the same issue with my [B]Olive F3x[/B] that I recently bought from B&H photo. As I do have some use for the two ring clips in the back, I was wondering if you could help me replace this bag. I also bought this bag expecting it will have it since the pictures online all have them. I thought it was an imitation for a while (even though B&H would never carry fakes). By the way, it's in EX++, pretty much new condition. I have rarely taken this bag out because I wanted to replace it when I got the chance.

A couple questions:
Will the replacement bag be a brand new one or is it a refurbished one?
What do I need to send?

Thanks in advance,
Mike

Old 05-11-2009, 02:44 PM
Andrea

Hi Mike,
Please email me at [email]arauch@tiffen.com[/email] to see what we can do for you.
Andrea

Old 05-11-2009, 05:33 PM
dafiryde

[QUOTE=Andrea;422]Yes, there are a lot of imitations around these days and we are working hard to stop them. However, I can guarantee you that you bought a real bag from Amazon. It is true that those pieces are missing on your bag and if it's an issue for you, I will replace your bag. If it's not, then enjoy your bag.
Andrea[/QUOTE]

i finally reached back home, i went to pitmans and colonial photo unfortunately, both of them did not have the olive in stock, so i was once again unable to see, what this colour looks like and some how i think i will like it. anyway, pitman had the F3X in sand, and when i picked it up, tears came to my eyes
- the weight of the bag was heavier
- the 2 rings were on the back of the bag
- you could have felt a distinctive differerence in the thickness of the material
- the shoulder strap, you could feel the rubber webbing, mine you can only see it.
- the front clasp was properly in place and in the middle
- the hand strap was approx. 6" shorter
- the strap in front, that holds the clasps was approx. 3" shorter

so Andrea i am 100% convinced, that my bag is not an original Domke

Dave

Old 05-14-2009, 09:10 AM
Administrator

Hi Dave,
I'm sorry to hear it. The biggest problem with the fakes is that they look the same. It's not until you compare it to an original that you can really tell the difference which is mostly the quality of the material and webbing and the workmanship.
Andrea

Old 05-15-2009, 01:54 AM
dafiryde

[QUOTE=admin;696]Hi Dave,
I'm sorry to hear it. The biggest problem with the fakes is that they look the same. It's not until you compare it to an original that you can really tell the difference which is mostly the quality of the material and webbing and the workmanship.
Andrea[/QUOTE]

i wonder now, after all this time if Amazon will rectify this

Dave

Old 05-15-2009, 07:57 AM
Andrea

Hi Dave,
Amazon is a very reliable source for Domke and I think I might know what went wrong. Can you please send me pictures of the zipper pulls, back of the bag and inside tags? Please email them to [email]arauch@tiffen.com[/email], I might be able to help you.
Thanks,
Andrea

Old 05-15-2009, 08:09 PM
dafiryde

[QUOTE=Andrea;701]Hi Dave,
Amazon is a very reliable source for Domke and I think I might know what went wrong. Can you please send me pictures of the zipper pulls, back of the bag and inside tags? Please email them to [email]arauch@tiffen.com[/email], I might be able to help you.
Thanks,
Andrea[/QUOTE]

not any more
my daughter fell in love with it , . nice thing though, before she left, she went in my cupboard, filled it up with a Pentax K10D, 18-55 & 50-200 zoom lens, gave me a great big hug and kiss and took off with it.
what can i say , she my only princess,

actually what i ment, ( when i wrote if amazon could rectify this )
i sent amazon customer service an Email on this, as i would like to order another one, but would like them to assure me before they send it , that it will be an original and have the rings on the back, as this time i would also like to include the back pack harness in the order.
up to now they have not replied, an unfortunately they are the only ones i know of at this time that will accept an overseas credit card. even though its a master card,
i dont see my self reaching miami before August, an patience is something i never had
the begining of this month was a disaster, i was dying to see the olive . pitmans made me cry and on my way to orlando, a guy behind me decided to remodel the rear of the vechicle . no one had it , not even in a different model, to give me an idea. the black F3X i saw in pitmans looked cool, i had decided to leave Daytona a little early so as to pick it up on the way out of miami, before i returned home , but then there was a massive pile up on the turnpike and we just barely had enough time to get to the airport
But at least i got to spend some time with my little princess.

Dave