Go Back   Tiffen Community > Domke Bags and Accessories > Feedback

Comments and Feedback
Old 09-12-2008, 02:52 PM
Andrea

Default Comments and Feedback

We at Domke would love to hear from our customers. Do you have any questions? Any comments? Things you would like see? Or things you would like to see changed? We'd like to know.
Thanks!!!!

travel bag - a modest suggestion
Old 09-23-2008, 03:00 PM
dick@grafixstop.com

Default travel bag - a modest suggestion

With the confusion in the airline industry about carry-on luggage, extra charges,
stricter attention to number and size of bags, I would like to see Domke develop a "inside day pack" type offering. Specifcally, I would like a durable canvas insert similar to the "two pack". This could serve two functions, first as a durable additional organizational device for the original bag, and secondly as a low volume "day pack" for hauling around a camera, extra lens and flash on a vacation or casual assignment. With strap brackets on the outside, it could use the "motherbag's" shoulder strap when necessary. It should take minimum additional space inside the bag, could have a pocket in the inside of the lid for batteries, flash cards or other small items and could be sold as an add-on to those of us with the bigger bags or as a stand-alone solution for the unobtrusive jaunt.

Thanks for the idea
Old 09-25-2008, 06:50 PM

Default Thanks for the idea

The Satchel bag was developed to clip onto the F2, so you could carry more onto the airplane and look like you had one bag when you really had 2. We still have the spring clips on the side pf the Satchel series that enable it to clip onto the base of the shoulder strap. You can chose how much you can, or want, to carry.

However, we like getting suggestions and will think about solving challenges facing today's photographer.

Old 10-21-2008, 07:33 AM

[QUOTE=Jim Domke;23]The Satchel bag was developed to clip onto the F2, so you could carry more onto the airplane and look like you had one bag when you really had 2. We still have the spring clips on the side pf the Satchel series that enable it to clip onto the base of the shoulder strap. You can chose how much you can, or want, to carry.

However, we like getting suggestions and will think about solving challenges facing today's photographer.[/QUOTE]
I can vouch for that. We were passing through Heathrow while the one-bag strictures were in place. Fortunately, I have the F-801 (yet another one I wish you still made); I clipped it to my F-802 (that I was using as my camera bag for our trip) to meet that and still have enough room for reading matter on the plane and to avoid having to check anything critical (like chargers, computers, etc.). One of the security people told me "One bag, sir"; I was able to quiet her by picking up the combo by the F-802's strap. And the F-802 was much more practical for maneuvering through the aisles of the bus on our tour than the larger bags are.

Jim: Can you post a photo of the set-up you described?
Old 10-28-2008, 09:35 PM
JPiseski

Default Jim: Can you post a photo of the set-up you described?

[B]Jim,

I must be either dense or tired, but I'd like to see a couple of photos of what you're describing above:[/B]

[I][COLOR="Blue"]"The Satchel bag was developed to clip onto the F2, so you could carry more onto the airplane and look like you had one bag when you really had 2. We still have the spring clips on the side pf the Satchel series that enable it to clip onto the base of the shoulder strap. You can chose how much you can, or want, to carry."[/COLOR][/I]

[B]I have both of these bags and would like to hook them up as you've described.

Many thanks,
Big Joe [/B] :)

Old 10-29-2008, 07:55 AM
Andrea

Hi Joe,
I just did some quick pictures of some bags in my office and they are not even the same color, but it shows how they go together.
Andrea
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Clipped bags 001.jpg (95.8 KB, 86 views)
File Type: jpg Clipped bags 002.jpg (96.2 KB, 79 views)

Carry on F1
Old 04-18-2009, 03:39 AM
Arnaud

Default Carry on F1

Just an information : I spent a couple of days off in Firenze (Italy) last week and travelled with Ryanair. They have 'test carry on size' device in which you can try the size of your bag. I was with my F4 but I think the F1 would be OK.

Old 04-18-2009, 11:07 PM
dafiryde

[QUOTE=Andrea;12]We at Domke would love to hear from our customers. Do you have any questions? Any comments? Things you would like see? Or things you would like to see changed? We'd like to know.
Thanks!!!![/QUOTE]

i for one would like to say
Thanks to Domke and their wonderful product, i was a little scepticle at first when i first saw your bags " with no padding" , but i gave myself a few days to think about it and then realised that , this is the type of bag i need. a bag to hold my stuff, and not look as if i am carrying a suitcase strapped to my shoulder.
i would personally wish you all the best, and please keep up the good work,
stick with the canvas, that is your signature, leave the nylon to the big, bulky, stiff, bag manufactuers

Dave

a couple of suggestions
Old 07-07-2009, 03:39 AM
jimlevitt

Default a couple of suggestions

I'd like to see a taller F-2, a bag designed for the larger 70-200/2.8 lenses that are a mainstay of working photographers now. I just loaded up my F-2 for a short trip, but this time I'm taking the 70-200/4L IS instead of the 2.8. Everything fits great, reminds me of the "old days" when the Nikon 80-200/4 or Canon 70-200/4 was the typical zoom. But anytime I need to faster, larger lens, I have to go with the F-1x bag to make it work. And that bag gets a bit difficult to work with, as it wants to swing around on its own a lot more. So how about making a taller F-2, stretching the F4-AF bag so it can hold as much as the F-2?

Second wish: a waist-belt version (or attachement) for the F-2 size bag. I'm using a Think Tank belt system more and more now, leaving my hands free to work with the two cameras, one on each shoulder. I miss having a bag that just "holds everything" easily. What I most definitely do not miss is the weight of that bag hanging off my shoulder. The waist belt takes a whole lot of strain off the shoulders. Is there any way to design an F-2 sized bag with a pass-through on the back for a substantial, adjustable belt? These days I tend to drive to a location with most of my gear in a Domke bag, but then I transition to using the belt system while I work.

Old 07-07-2009, 10:11 AM
Andrea

Hi Jim,

We are working on the F-2 bigger bag now and I hope to have it ready by Early next year.

As for the Waist belt version F-2, I have not heard that request from anyone but you. I will ask around and see if it's something other people seem interested in.

Andrea