Go Back   Tiffen Community > Domke Bags and Accessories > Feedback

Domke F-811
Old 07-22-2009, 04:44 PM
omigoat

Default Domke F-811

My Domke F-811 arrived the other day and it looks like it'll be perfect for my needs. I almost always lug my camera gear and laptop (a 15" MacBook Pro) to work every day using either an F3X or F2 along with a laptop bag. Having a single bag to handle the load will make things a lot more convenient. The 811 has plenty of pockets and organizing slots on and under the front flap to stash most all of the small stuff I normally carry. The laptop compartment seems to have good padding to protect the MacBook. The back panel can be used as storage or unzipped at the bottom for use with luggage. The rest is typical Domke design, components (huge YKK zippers for the main compartments, Gripper strap) and quality. Couldn't be happier with the 811.

Here are a few quick pics:
[url]http://www.tiffen.com/forum/album.php?albumid=6[/url]

Old 07-23-2009, 01:52 AM
Arnaud

Nice !
Do you think it's not too big on the shoulder ?

Old 07-23-2009, 11:29 PM
omigoat

It is a little bulky, but for my use, is preferable to carrying two bags. Won't replace other Domke bags to work out of in the field, but I'm liking the 811 for getting gear from point A to point B.

Old 07-24-2009, 09:18 AM
Andrea

Personally I think it's big too, however I find when I'm traveling that I end up using two bags, a pretty big laptop bag and an F-2. My plan going forward is to just travel with the F-811 which will hold both. It's not going to be light, but neither is what I'm carrying. I do think that it will be easier because when I use a luggage cart now, the F-2 keeps slipping off the laptop bag.