Go Back   Tiffen Community > Domke Bags and Accessories > Feedback

Frayed shoulder strap
Old 01-28-2010, 07:45 AM
LCCCPhotog

Default Frayed shoulder strap

:( My Domke bag has a frayed shoulder strap and it doesn't look like it can be replaced. The rest of the bag is fine. My boss wants me to get a new bag, but I'm concerned about choosing a Domke again! This bag is only five years old and I hoped to use it for decades. Can I send it back to be repaired or do I get another bag and use the frayed bag for clamps, lights and other stuff?

Old 01-28-2010, 08:12 AM
Andrea

For comfort, Domke straps are cotton (breathable material that helps minimize sweating), with a rubber gripper (soft enough to maximize gripping ability), because of this, unlike Nylon, it does wear over time. However, we do sell replacement straps that you can purchase from most Domke dealers.

LCCCPhotog
Old 01-28-2010, 10:56 AM
LCCCPhotog

Default LCCCPhotog

The camera bag is an F-7. How would I replace the strap?

Old 01-28-2010, 11:09 AM

Basically, cut off the old strap and thread on the new one using the sliders on old and new. You only need to sew (or get sewn) the ends doown if you really want to.

LCCCPhotog
Old 01-28-2010, 11:24 AM
LCCCPhotog

Default LCCCPhotog

Thanks for the advice, but my Singer sewing machine is also a little frayed -- just kidding. Is there an authorized dealer that repairs bags. I really don't think sewing the strap myself would meet Domke specs.

Old 01-28-2010, 12:38 PM

You don't need to sew the ends down; if you really want to that's the only thing you might need to "worry about" doing. A shoe repair place could do that for you. But you could just slide the ends through the sliders as you do with the camera strap, leaving them free.

Old 01-29-2010, 10:12 PM
dafiryde

[QUOTE=LCCCPhotog;1246]:( My Domke bag has a frayed shoulder strap and it doesn't look like it can be replaced. The rest of the bag is fine. My boss wants me to get a new bag, but I'm concerned about choosing a Domke again! This bag is only five years old and I hoped to use it for decades. Can I send it back to be repaired or do I get another bag and use the frayed bag for clamps, lights and other stuff?[/QUOTE]

5 years old !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
i have bought 8 bags in the last 2 years, the last one is a Domke F3X rugged wear, and it is awsome

Dave