Go Back   Tiffen Community > Domke Bags and Accessories > Feedback

F-5xz
Old 08-06-2009, 10:29 PM
dafiryde

Default F-5xz

was about to pull the plug but saw a reviewer on amazon claimed his did not have the lower zipper pocket
is there an old model and new model F5xz, as your web site claims it should have one
does the f5xb rugged wear have this lower pocket also

Dave
this below write up is a copy/paste from the Adorama web site

The new Domke F-5XC Canvas is designed with 2 dividers that bend to allow the user a number of configurations. Convenient pockets sized to fit a cell phone or MP3 Player. The F-5XZ is similar in style to the F-5XC, but without the Zipper hinge that gives access to the bottom of the bag.

Last edited by dafiryde; 08-06-2009 at 10:45 PM..

Old 08-07-2009, 07:59 AM
Andrea

There are two similar but not exactly the same styles. F-5XC comes in black, sand and Olive canvas and has an opening (not a pocket) at the bottom to allow you to access the things in the bottom of the bag. F-5XZ is a brown Ruggedwear bag (waxed canvas) that does not have the opening in the bottom, but has the same dimensions as the F-5XC.
Andrea

Old 08-07-2009, 09:43 AM
dafiryde

[QUOTE=Andrea;888]There are two similar but not exactly the same styles. F-5XC comes in black, sand and Olive canvas and has an opening (not a pocket) at the bottom to allow you to access the things in the bottom of the bag. F-5XZ is a brown Ruggedwear bag (waxed canvas) that does not have the opening in the bottom, but has the same dimensions as the F-5XC.
Andrea[/QUOTE]

The new Domke F-5XZ is designed with 2 dividers that bend to allow the user a number of configurations.
Easily find the items that have fallen to the bottom, just unzip the bottom flap and look inside. Main compartment is surrounded by soft knit fabric over padding, plus two outer accessory pockets. Includes 2 movable/removable and bendable hook and loop partitions, plus Gripperâ„¢ Shoulder Strap with heavy duty steel swivel clip.
Convenient pockets sized to fit a cell phone or MP3 Player.

above wtite up was copy/paste from Domke web site

Dave

Old 08-07-2009, 12:46 PM
Andrea

I guess we need to change our website. Sorry about the error in information.

Old 08-07-2009, 03:29 PM
dafiryde

[QUOTE=Andrea;890]I guess we need to change our website. Sorry about the error in information.[/QUOTE]

no problem, just checking. but i do like the idea of the lower compartment acessability

Dave

Fake F-5XZ Sand ?
Old 06-08-2010, 08:13 AM
Kenosis

Default Fake F-5XZ Sand ?

Hi everyone,

Thank you for maintaining this nice community (I'm new here).
I've owned an F-1X for some time, been extremely pleased with it, and decided to get an F-5XC. What I've finally got is an F-5XZ "Sand" over eBay (German retailer).
Does that model actually exist ? It is apparently the same as the F-5XZ "Waxwear" described on official sites, without the bottom zipper access (unlike the F-5XC), but it is definitely Sand / Beige color. It has a strong "chemical" smell to it, much unlike my F-1X, which alerted me.
What do you think ?

Any help on this welcome ! I've tried to contact the seller but he is denying everything without any justification.

Many thanks

Old 06-08-2010, 09:58 AM
Andrea

Hi Kenosis,
Thanks for joining in. I'm not sure what the strong chemical smell is, I would hang it outside for a few hours and it will probably go away (it could be from shipping). It is an F-5XZ which is an F-5XC without the bottom opening. Only a small quanity was made and sold only into the German market. I can assure you it's a real Domke bag.
Andrea

Old 06-09-2010, 11:40 AM
Kenosis

That's a relief !
Many thanks for taking the time.
Cheers