Go Back   Tiffen Community > Domke Bags and Accessories > Feedback

Old 10-04-2009, 12:31 PM
saschagabor

I´m not worried about the look, it´s the feel I´m more anxious about... Not that I have problems with dust with my current canvas bags, but I imagine the wax will reduce this issue? I hardly use white clothes, so rubbing should not be an issue either.

Now that I´ve ordered I´m extra exited, I hate waiting! There should be some kind of teleport for shipping goods, for instant delivery :o

Old 10-04-2009, 12:56 PM
dafiryde

[QUOTE=saschagabor;1003]I´m not worried about the look, it´s the feel I´m more anxious about... Not that I have problems with dust with my current canvas bags, but I imagine the wax will reduce this issue? I hardly use white clothes, so rubbing should not be an issue either.

Now that I´ve ordered I´m extra exited, I hate waiting! There should be some kind of teleport for shipping goods, for instant delivery :o[/QUOTE]

i know what you mean, but its worth the wait
and as for the feel, it acutually feels like a high quality leather

Dave

It's cotton and natually waterproof
Old 10-06-2009, 10:21 AM

Default It's cotton and natually waterproof

I like the cotton because it swells when wet, the camera is protected. Better than nylon where if there is a hole (seam, for example) the water can leak in. If it starts to rain you can quickly hide the camer inside the bag and the canvas will lift any drops off the surface of the camera. Neat. With nylon the water sits there and can get inside the electronic camera.

The "wax" treatment goes back to early waterproof to keep canvas from soaking up water, especially good if you set the bag down on wet grass.

The water-proofing is done during dying and is imbedded into the fabric. Anything you do after simply sits on the surface.

Don't worry about waterproofing! I like the color! It's darker than sand/tan, but I can still see what's inside.

Old 10-06-2009, 02:39 PM
dafiryde

i remember as a kid, at the begining of every wet season my dad use to apply parafin wax to the roof of his car which was back then made out of canvas, and it stood up very well, this is why i knew you were going in a great direction by treating your rugged wear with the same process.
as for how much wetting it can take, i never have and dont think i want to stand up in rain to take a picture anyway.
one addition i made to the bag was to add an all weather cover from a old lowepro minimag AW, it fits the F3X like a glove, and i just fold it and it stores neatly below the camera, and technically gives the camera some more cushioning :D

All in all i am a very satisfied customer with this purchase, it took many bags, pleanty reading, months of research, what i want in a bag, how it should be configured, and it all boiled down to what the F3X has to offer.

on a recent conversation i had with a fellow photographer, he told me Dome bags are no good, so i asked him WHY?
he responded that Domke bags have no padding.
i responded
you recently bought a BMW X5 and i dont see any bubble wrap around it, you smoke 2 packs of cigarettes a day, i know for a fact you dont eat any thing for breakfast, and you dis about a bag that has no padding!!!!!!!

by the way does the backpack harness fit the F3X?

Dave