wax wear
Old 04-21-2009, 02:14 PM
dafiryde

Default wax wear

how long before you think you might introduce the F6 and F3X wax wear

Dave

Old 04-27-2009, 08:54 AM
Andrea

They should be available in either late June or early July.

Old 07-03-2009, 03:06 PM
Aero

Hello

Is there still plans for a waxwear f-3x? I went to my local henrys store and saw the three waxwear available. The two satchel/messenger bag are too small (well I should say too narrow) while the F2 is too big :D . Then I saw the F-3x, that was the perfect size for me. Here's hoping it will come out soon.

Thanks

Old 07-07-2009, 09:49 AM
Administrator

Hi Aero,
The F-3X has just become available and retailers are just buying in and recieving there orders now. We are hoping that Henry's will pick it up shortly.
Thanks,
Andrea

WaxWear
Old 07-23-2009, 08:26 AM
Mark C

Default WaxWear

Along the same lines regarding upcoming sizes for the waxware collection:

I noticed a short clip on YouTube from the 2009 PMA show on the waxwear bags. They referenced and showed a bag that was slightly larger than the F-2 (also shown).

Can you provide the model designation for that bag and if/when it will be available? The F-2 is just a bit too small for my kit.

The title of the YouTube piece is "PMA 2009: New Domke Waxwear Camera Bags.

Thanks.

Old 07-24-2009, 09:10 AM
Andrea

I've seen the clip and they were incorrect in their information, the bag is actually an F-2 with a new material.

Old 07-24-2009, 10:06 AM
Mark C

Andrea, thanks for the update.

Another vote for wax wear in larger sizes!
Old 09-15-2009, 11:57 AM
MWmC

Default Another vote for wax wear in larger sizes!

I purchased my F-2 wax wear from B&H recently. I need another camera bag like I need a hole in my head, but the bag looked so beautiful in the store, and the size lets me carry my 1Ds Mark III and a mounted 16-35mm f/2.8 (when I remove the 4-compartment insert). The two-part insert (an option I also purchased from B&H) lets me also carry my Leica MP and one lens.

Two requests:

1) More wax wear! The bag is freaking beautiful, and I've had more general compliments from non-shooters and requests for info from shooters than any other bag I own (and after only a month or so). As for me, the bag is so well (and minimally) designed, that my hands seem to reach for things without thinking about where they'll be or how to get to them. If you make some larger wax wear models, I guarantee you I'll be a purchaser.

2) I'll bet making them is a pain, but I'd be willing to pay more for some customizable inserts. I'm a weird shooter. I have The Beast as my digital SLR, but I also shoot rangefinders, including the oddly-shaped Bessa III folding medium format camera that just became available. I had to buy a second two-part insert for the F-2 waxwear and cut out the divider (with pinking shears) to allow me to carry the Bessa III along with my 1Ds.

In any event, I hope you continue to develop more wax wear finish bags. The combination of practicality and retro-stylishness are unique. Well done.