Go Back   Tiffen Community > Domke Bags and Accessories > Feedback

Domke Delay
Old 10-08-2009, 02:42 PM
LP26

Default Domke Delay

I've been waiting in excess of six weeks for a Domke RuggedWear F3-X to arrive at my local dealer.

Tiffen/Domke has provided a number of delivery dates along the line, none of which have proven true.

I am a professional shooter and own at least a eight Domke camera bags and tripod cases. Included in that number is an F-2 RuggedWear bag. I was delighted enough with that bag to order the F3-X.

I have used Domke bags since there were Domke bags. To say I'm disappointed with Tiffen's obfuscations regarding product delivery is to grossly understate the situation.

Old 10-08-2009, 04:14 PM
Henrick

Since you seem to already know exactly what you want, why don't you just order it online?

Old 10-08-2009, 07:43 PM
Administrator

Sorry, the demand on all the Ruggedwear styles has been much higher than we anticipated and we
Are receiving and shipping bags weekly. We currently expect to have everything shipped by the end of October. We do apologize to everyone for the wait and think you will find it worth the wait, at least I hope so. Sorry again.
Andrea

Old 10-08-2009, 10:43 PM
dafiryde

[QUOTE=LP26;1009]I've been waiting in excess of six weeks for a Domke RuggedWear F3-X to arrive at my local dealer.

Tiffen/Domke has provided a number of delivery dates along the line, none of which have proven true.

I am a professional shooter and own at least a eight Domke camera bags and tripod cases. Included in that number is an F-2 RuggedWear bag. I was delighted enough with that bag to order the F3-X.

I have used Domke bags since there were Domke bags. To say I'm disappointed with Tiffen's obfuscations regarding product delivery is to grossly understate the situation.[/QUOTE]

thats strange
i ordered an F3X rugged wear, and i recieved it in 6 days , and i live in the caribbean
are you sure you ordered one!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dave

Old 10-09-2009, 10:09 AM
LP26

I ordered through my local dealer. I purchase all my gear through a local dealer (no matter where on this planet I've lived over the years).

My belief is that local money ought to circulate in the local economy. In the photo industry (and others) we're seeing an alarming number of local dealers closing because manufacturers find it simpler/more profitable to deal with a handful of large volume outlets.

Folks use local dealers to check gear or get product information and then turn around and buy online to save ten bucks. Often they have the audacity to return to the local dealer with their online purchase looking for instructional help.

The country gets homogenized in the process.

OK, I'm off my soapbox.

What is troublesome about this order is that Domke/Tiffen says one thing regarding delivery dates and then does something else.

Old 10-09-2009, 10:38 AM
dafiryde

[QUOTE=LP26;1021]I ordered through my local dealer. I purchase all my gear through a local dealer (no matter where on this planet I've lived over the years).

My belief is that local money ought to circulate in the local economy. In the photo industry (and others) we're seeing an alarming number of local dealers closing because manufacturers find it simpler/more profitable to deal with a handful of large volume outlets.

Folks use local dealers to check gear or get product information and then turn around and buy online to save ten bucks. Often they have the audacity to return to the local dealer with their online purchase looking for instructional help.

The country gets homogenized in the process.

OK, I'm off my soapbox.

What is troublesome about this order is that Domke/Tiffen says one thing regarding delivery dates and then does something else.[/QUOTE]

i agree with what you said above, and i am sure you work hard for your money the same way i work for mine. an if as you say that this local dealer cannot deliver a product to you in [B][U]over 6 weeks[/U][/B] , if it was me , i would never buy from that dealer again.
joke is joke, fun is fun, but business is business.
i live in the last island in the caribbean, i own and operate a detroit diesel distributor ship, and if a customer need something and i dont have it in stock, i usually get it to him in 4 days, [B][U]so 6 weeks is hog wash[/U][/B].

Dave

Old 10-10-2009, 04:03 AM
Arnaud

I agree with both of you. If we have to obviously help our dealers (and, generaly speaking, our job against all the phonies who are stealing it right now), some are 'sleeping on their pillow' thinking that the world is the same than 20 years ago.

Old 10-10-2009, 04:32 AM
Henrick

I went to my 2 local dealers only once. When I saw that the service was very poor and that these people (both) were very rude if you were younger than 40 and not wearing a suit I said to myself that I would never spend even a single $ in their stores.

Since that moment, I never set foot in any dealer and I bought everything (D300, all my lenses, bags etc...) second hand or online.

Old 10-10-2009, 11:31 AM
dafiryde

I just dont get it
LP26 blames Tiffen/Domke for his local dealer incompetience.
i mean really, has this guy not realised that his local dealer does not care too hoots for his business.
Then he has the outdastity to write

[B]I ordered through my local dealer. I purchase all my gear through a local dealer (no matter where on this planet I've lived over the years).

My belief is that local money ought to circulate in the local economy. In the photo industry (and others) we're seeing an alarming number of local dealers closing because manufacturers find it simpler/more profitable to deal with a handful of large volume outlets.[/B]

well i have news for you LP26, they dont care about you

Dave

Old 10-13-2009, 10:20 AM
LP26

Dave,

Regarding your “news”... (really just an uninformed opinion)

Let's see, I've known this particular dealer since we were both 10 years old. We're both a half century on.

He has never offered anything less than fully knowledgeable, exemplary service over the years.

I have been made privy to Domke/Tiffen's correspondence with the dealer regarding the delay.

Trust me on this...

It is Domke/Tiffen that's failing to meet its obligations.

Last edited by LP26; 10-13-2009 at 12:49 PM..