Go Back   Tiffen Community > Domke Bags and Accessories > Feedback

What do you want in the photo gallery ?
Old 11-27-2009, 02:41 AM
Arnaud

Default What do you want in the photo gallery ?

Hello,
I have downloaded 25 pictures of differents coverages, but it seems that he gallery is limited to 'Holliday' pictures.
I spent a lot of time writing legends but a message advised me that, not only I was not allowed to send pictures in that caterory (which is the only one), but in the meantime all my pictures have been withdrawn. What about ?

Tiffen Holiday Image Spectacular
Old 11-30-2009, 02:36 PM
Administrator

Default Tiffen Holiday Image Spectacular

Our Tiffen Holiday Image Spectacular is a fun-loving, family oriented style of contest. It is run at this time of year for people of all ages. Your images are very powerful and may not be appropriate for this venue.

Old 12-01-2009, 01:33 AM
Arnaud

I am 51.
In my young time, when my dream was to become a photoreporter, Domke bags were not 'family' bags for halloween pictures but 'rugged professionnal' stuffs for all the war photographers in the world.
My beleive your bags are still bringing some dream about what is left of that job.
So why not a gallery in that 'old spirit' ?

Old 12-01-2009, 03:36 AM
Henrick

I never really paid attention to those pictures but I just looked at some and most of the pictures are really awful. Sorry for those who took these pictures but let's be honest, that's not the kind of images I have in mind when I think of the Domke brand... :(

Arnaud, I'd really like to see your pictures, why don't you just create a thread with your personal gallery and maybe some pics of your Domkes around the world? :)

Old 12-01-2009, 05:05 AM
Arnaud

Henricks,
there are some details I haven't undestood in you answer. What do you mean by 'sorry for those who took those pictures' ? That's all mine !
May be the world is too soft fo me but It's really not 'awful' pictures for all the reporters who are doing those coverages. Reality is much more ugly, beleive me.
I haven't understood that the gallery was restricted to family ones, so my fault.
Part of that, I really beleive that Domke must go ahead in the same way we (the 'old fashioned reporters') knew it in the past, with a gallery devoted to professionnals reporters. May be with a different aproach, if you prefer.
Last : It is strange how differents are our cultures. We in Europe (me especially, who knows very well what those things really look like), are not understanding very much what is so funny in that Halloween period which turn children in almost desintegrated dead bodies. So each ones can have his own feeling !
Sorry for my bad english.

Old 12-01-2009, 01:07 PM
Andrea

Hi Arnaud and Henrick,
Sorry for the confusion, the Halloween pictures are not a Domke event on the forum, but a Tiffen event. It should have been sectioned off better. However, it would be nice to have a place where people can post photos in the same manner as the Halloween pictures, so I have requested to put a place up for Domke photos.

Andrea

Old 12-01-2009, 01:55 PM
Henrick

[QUOTE=Arnaud;1139]Henricks,
there are some details I haven't undestood in you answer. What do you mean by 'sorry for those who took those pictures' ? That's all mine ![/QUOTE]

I meant, in my opinion, most of the pictures in that gallery ( exemple: [url]http://www.tiffen.com/photopost/data/503/medium/Parade_Pic_5.JPG[/url] ) are not even photography. I don't mean to disrespect the people who took the pics but... as a Domke user I don't see photography that way...

When you say "that's all mine", there's got to be a misunderstanding, the pictures I saw could NOT be from a photoreporter like you, NO WAY :rolleyes:

Old 12-02-2009, 01:59 AM
Arnaud

I absolutely agree with both of you.
I am convinced (but as I said, may be the world has changed since 30 years and so the market) that Domke bags are still bringing some sort of 'charm' with them.
I was surprised how so many reporters (from all over the world) were still carrying Domke during the first visit of President Obama in France.
I also remember advertisments of my young time : 'The Rugged professionnal', 'When there is action, there is a Domke', with visuals showing action or photoreporters at work. When I was 20, wtaching that, I dreamed : 'I want the same bag than those guys ! " Then the legend go ahead with movie like 'Under Fire', etc.
I'ld certainly not have made the same dream with visual like : "buy that bag it's ideal for Halloween shooting". And as Hendrick, I say that without any disrespect.
That's the general idea.
If you take a look at Lowepro or Newswear web site, they push ahead their production by showing the work of photographers, even photographers pictured at work.
I certainly not speak for me, I have a friend : Eric Bouvet, who won 5 world press with Domke Bags. That's the style of photographer I like to have the same bag than me ...