Go Back   Tiffen Community > Domke Bags and Accessories > On Location

Old 02-16-2010, 11:05 AM
Andrea

Hi froggi,
The F-3x has very little padding, it does have dividers that separate all the equipment from one another. What stops the equipment from bumping into each other is that it's all tight and snug because it doesn't have padding and therefore can't bump.
Andrea

Old 02-17-2010, 12:20 AM
froggi

hi andrea,

humm i see, what about bumps from the outside environment?

Old 02-17-2010, 08:12 AM
Andrea

Hi Froggi,
I completely understand your concerns. I think most people have them when they first look at a Domke bag. I've dragged mine all around the world, as have many professional photographers (it's well know as a photojournalists bag), and never had any problems. It just works, ask around, read about them. We sell on Amazon and they seem to get a good amount of reviews, take a look. I promise you we do not put any of those reviews up.
Andrea

Old 02-17-2010, 07:01 PM
dafiryde

[QUOTE=froggi;1376]hi andrea,

humm i see, what about bumps from the outside environment?[/QUOTE]

you would be supprised that subconciously when your bag is about to take an external hit you some how place your hand in front of it with out even realising it.
it falls under parental instincts :)
take it from me, the more expensive your gear is, the more you will protect it, even if it was in a plastic bag.

Dave
T&T

Old 02-17-2010, 07:29 PM

Don't forget all the outside pockets (if they're like mine) contain "buffer" material, like filter packs, card carriers, lens tissue, flash units, pens, paper, screwdrivers, . . . that will dissipate any impact.

Old 02-17-2010, 09:40 PM
dafiryde

[QUOTE=Jon;1384]Don't forget all the outside pockets (if they're like mine) contain "buffer" material, like filter packs, card carriers, lens tissue, flash units, pens, paper, screwdrivers, . . . that will dissipate any impact.[/QUOTE]

well put
i too load the side pockets and front pocket with all the stuff that i dont mind taking a hit, knowing they will absorb some impact .
just be creative, you would be supprised how much stuff you normally pack in a very well paded bag.
rocket blower
wallet
hand kercheif
cleaning cloths
neck strap
writing pad

in shoulder bags, 99% of the times they take an external hit, its on the side that is facing foward, so there , put the rocket blower.
on the front of the bag, you hand is always there.
at the rear of the bag, choose from above

Dave
T&T

Old 02-21-2010, 04:17 AM
Arnaud

Following my experience, gears are more vulnerable outside the bag than inside, whatever the padded is. All the hits and scratches I get happen when I am working, never when the gears are stored.