Go Back   Tiffen Community > Domke Bags and Accessories > Feedback

F-808 with Accessories
Old 02-06-2010, 01:47 PM
RAKaye

Default F-808 with Accessories

As a long time user of the F-803 and J-803, I've recently been looking for a small bag that can hold a large zoom lens with hood extended in the downward position for easy access, and it appears that the F-802 Messenger Bag may fill this aim nicely.

1. Can the F-902 Super Pouch be attached to both sides of the F-802?

2. Is the inside of the bag finished with plain canvas, or are there any hook-and-loop patches inside for attaching this kind of divider or insert?

3. Do you have any new dividers or inserts that might fit this bag? If not, perhaps I can fashion something suitable myself out of some other inserts I may have from other bags.

4. Do you have some new designs in the offing that will be announced soon, such as at PMA later this month?

Some of your new designs don't have an easy to flip open flap to access the bag, but rather a zipper across the top. I find this design, also seen on Think Tank's latest bags, non-optimal, since it often takes two hands to pry open such an unzipped opening, and then the zipper can chafe the hands as the equipment is pulled out, with difficulty. Please don't continue this in any new designs.

Thanks.

Old 02-07-2010, 06:00 PM

1) Yes it can; my F-802 is configured that way.
2) No Velcro, but the 720-230 fits nicely in there without any. There's room at the end of the bag for a flash, outside the insert.
3,4) I don't work for Domke, so I can't say. But I use the 720-230 insert for my Canon 24-70 f/2.8 and 70-200 f/2.8 IS with hoods in all my bags.

Old 02-07-2010, 08:30 PM
RAKaye

I see different dimensions for the F-808 in the various Domke brochures. Is it actually 12.25Wx6Dx14.5H or is it 14.5Wx6Dx16H?

Old 02-16-2010, 01:48 PM
Andrea

F-808 interior is 11" W x 5.5" D x 13" H and exterior is 12.25" W x 6" D x 14.5" H.

Tenba Photo Insert
Old 02-26-2010, 01:36 PM
cjw

Default Tenba Photo Insert

@RAYaye
My husband has the Tenba Photo Insert (for Tenba Pro Digital 2.0 Messenger Bags) in his 808, fits perfectly (no Velcro needed because it is a tight fit). With that insert he can hold a nikon d2xs with 80-200 2.8 w/tripod collar and lens hood (on backwards) attached. It does bow out the bag, but it fits. (I don't think it would bow out much using an slr without a grip attached.) Also added a lens coat pro (added Velcro to the back of the lens coat to attach to the Velcro at the top back of the bag). With that set up he can carry the camera body on top of the insert. That leaves the insert available for lenses, flashes and cables. He uses the outside of the bag for digital cards, business cards, pad and paper and batteries. Doesn't hold as much as his f-2, but it is much easier in a crowded area. Also added the super handle (for when the bag is open) and the Gripper Utility Strap as a waist strap. He's been raving about it, I want one too.

Carolyn

Old 04-27-2010, 12:59 PM
cjw

[QUOTE=cjw;1419]and the Gripper Utility Strap as a waist strap.[/QUOTE]

My husband told me that I was mistaken. The Gripper Utility Strap is too large to be used as a waist strap for most people. The waist strap by Domke is not compatable with the 808 bag (it might be if it came with two of those little hooks though). We're looking at other options.

Old 08-01-2010, 01:35 AM
fusion2

Your husband is right, it it really not compatable.