Go Back   Tiffen Community > Domke Bags and Accessories > Feedback

Reccomendation needed for bag
Old 04-27-2010, 01:54 PM
terminafunk

Default Reccomendation needed for bag

Hi all,

Ok I've been searching the net for sometime now, I am looking for a bag with particular requirements.

I'm going to be traveling through Asia for a number of years, I need a bag that doesn't look too much like a camera bad. I like the look of the Domke F-1x,

Ill be carrying a Pentax K20D, 200mm prime, 8mm Fish Eye, 16-50mm Zoom, 50mm Prime. My other main requirement is that i will also need to carry a 13" Mac Book Pro to edit photos on location. The macbook will be in a protective slieve.

I guess my question is, does anyone else have a setup with the Domke bags where they can safely carry a macbook 13" ?

Any help gratefully appreciated.

Dan

Old 04-28-2010, 01:28 AM
Arnaud

Hello,

If you want to carry all in only one bag, I recommand you the F1 which I know very well (but you have to find a good padding for your note book).
Following last experience with a long day carrying my loaded F1, I can recommand you the F2 and the laptop apart in another satchel. The weight is better to suffer when spread.
Don't worry about the look of the bag. As soon as you are in a very different continent, you will be spoted - with or without bag - as an 'interesting' people.

Old 04-28-2010, 03:26 AM
Henrick

For a long trip, and all day long carrying the bag, your shoulder is gonna die if you carry all that gear...

It's just my opinion but I'd say that a backpack would be much better than a shoulder bag...

Old 05-08-2010, 10:00 AM
pandachromatic

The F-1x will not hold a 13" MacBook adequately. It does fit, but you have to take out the inserts and put in diagonally, if you know what I mean. It's very uncomfortable to carry.
Also, be aware that the F-1x has room for enough gear to break your back, and then some. Don't overload it.

Old 05-11-2010, 04:10 AM
Arnaud

Yes I agree, that's the reason I switched back to an F2.
And also to be less 'packed' when I am working in a crowded tight pool.

Tags
k20d, mac book, macbook pro 13"