Go Back   Tiffen Community > Tripods > Davis & Sanford Tripods

Changing F-18 fluid heads
Old 08-20-2010, 07:22 PM
lonebrat

Unhappy Changing F-18 fluid heads

I purchased a used 75XB tripod with F-18 fluid head on Ebay. The tripod was in good shape, but the head was hard to use. Also, the bubble had lost it's fluid. I opted to buy a new head. It arrived today, and I see the ball at the bottom of the old head has to transfer over, but I can't see how to unscrew it.

Can I use the new F-18 head on the old tripod? Does the dome that attaches to the handle come apart from the old head? Help?

Installing new F-18 head
Old 08-23-2010, 09:09 AM

Default Installing new F-18 head

Hi, To remove the dome, look for 3 metric Allen-head screws on its underside and unscrew them completely. Then use a crescent wrench on the retaining nut to loosen the dome and take it off. Installing your new F-18 head should then be very straightforward. Good luck, and good shooting with your D&S tripod. --JS

Thank you!
Old 08-23-2010, 07:26 PM
lonebrat

Default Thank you!

That worked perfectly! Took just a few minutes. I am looking forward to using this tripod for years to come. Ya-HOOO!

Enjoy your tripod!
Old 08-23-2010, 07:37 PM

Default Enjoy your tripod!

Great! Glad our suggestions worked for you and we hope you enjoy your D&S tripod for many years to come. Good shooting!--JS

Old 12-20-2010, 12:41 AM
cooljul

I am also struck with the same problem. I too wish to change the F-18 fluid head. I will try out the way that has been mentioned by Jason Schneider. I hope it works out and I get back my tripod in working condition. The procedure seems simple and it is great to know that it worked out for Lonebrat.

Installing new F-18 head
Old 12-20-2010, 08:49 AM

Default Installing new F-18 head

Glad you found the tip useful. Please let us know how it works out. Best, Jason Schneider