Go Back   Tiffen Community > Domke Bags and Accessories > Feedback

Slightly bigger F4AF, Please
Old 07-19-2010, 04:55 PM
cameracarl

Default Slightly bigger F4AF, Please

I was just getting ready for an assignment and was going through my bags to find one for my gear. I came across my old F4AF. It is the favorite of all my bags (some dozen shoulder bags!), but I use it less than 5% of the time. This is because I can't fit a Canon 1D Mark III, a 70-200 f 2.8, a 17-40 and a 24-105 in it (and that is without any of the lens hoods or tripod mount). The compartments are about 3/4 - 1 inch too small for the camera or lenses to fit comfortably, even if I take out half of the padding. I suppose everything could fit if I took out all the padding but then the compartments are so limp that the gear gets stuck on them. And I won't go without the compartments because I don't like everything banging together. So I'd love to see an F4AF Mark II with one inch more room in width and height. My 2 cents worth.

Old 07-20-2010, 10:04 AM
natper

[QUOTE=cameracarl;1857]I was just getting ready for an assignment and was going through my bags to find one for my gear. I came across my old F4AF. [/QUOTE]

I believe I have read here somewhere that the newer versions of this bag are slightly bigger. Being you mentioned your "old F4AF", maybe its time for a trip to your dealer to compare?

Old 08-10-2010, 01:21 AM
kennethrberry

I carry a 7D with battery grip, 100-400, 24-105 and 200/2.8L lens all the time and they fit fine. My only changes were to remove the padding from the double insert on the large side that is facing the large single insert. The single insert has padding and there's no need for a double layer. I also carry a plastic gray card inserted between the two inserts which helps everything maintain shape.

I recently bought another double insert and it is the new style where the divider is velcroed in. Since the material is thicker on these newer style I am comfortable with completely removing the padding which allows more room for the lenses so they are easier to pull out.