Go Back   Tiffen Community > Domke Bags and Accessories > On Location

Up and around the F-808
Old 12-15-2008, 02:22 PM
saschagabor

Default Up and around the F-808

First, I love your bags and almost use them exclusively (even though they are hard to come by here in Norway). Thank you guys for the some of the fantastic products you supply!

Now I´m looking around for more info on the F-808, which I hope will carry both my laptop (MacBook Air) and my dSLR(s). From the specs it would seem that this would be possible with the use of the laptop insert plus a 3-compartment 720-230 (minus some padding?). If I don´t use the front pocket for charger and the likes, but put them in one of the three compartments, it might just work out great. My Olympus E-3 has quite a large prism, so I´ll need all the space I can get in front of it.

The thing is, I´ve been looking around for the [U]actual size of the laptop insert[/U], but can´t seem to find it anywhere. The width and height I would guess is approximately about the same as the interior dimensions (11"W x 13"H), but I can´t really tell from the photos how much padding is used for the laptop insert, so I don´t know how much it fills out depth wise.

As the laptop insert does not seem to be any velcro on the front of it, I´ll have to stick some on when I get it.

Old 12-17-2008, 08:15 AM
Administrator

Thank you for the compliment. We are happy to hear you like our products. Unfortunately the F-808 is a little small for you needs. The interior of the laptop insert is 13" H x 1.25" D x 10.5" W, this leaves only about 1.5" in the rest of the bag.

Old 01-12-2009, 09:18 AM
saschagabor

I can now verify that it fits nicely with a MacBook Air as the laptop. Now I have to pick up some velcro to tighten things up...

[URL="http://www.flickr.com/photos/doktorhovring/tags/f808/"]F-808 @ flickr[/URL]

[SIZE="1"][I](I would post a link to more images at my flickr account, but I have not posted enough for that yet...)[/I][/SIZE]
Attached Images
File Type: jpg F-808.jpg (33.7 KB, 47 views)

Last edited by saschagabor; 01-25-2009 at 09:39 AM.. Reason: Posted link

Tags
808, insert, laptop, messenger, velcro