Go Back   Tiffen Community > Domke Bags and Accessories > On Location

Why no laptop compartment in the F/J-810
Old 07-01-2009, 03:55 PM
benr

Default Why no laptop compartment in the F/J-810

I'm a long-time 12" PowerBook user, who's finally found a portable replacement in the new 13" MacBook Pro.

I'd love the to use 810 and have the 13" fit snugly, but I fear the 811 size will leave it swimming around (if it can accommodate the 15" MacBook pro).

I wish the 810 size had the laptop compartment*–*any future plans or suggestions?

Thanks, Ben

new bag or existing bag recommendation
Old 07-01-2009, 11:17 PM
mrjgreen

Default new bag or existing bag recommendation

Hi I have a D700 with a Nikkor 24-70mm (model 2164) lens.. I would also to put my dell mini 9 netbook in the mix too.. Which ballistic nylon bag in the new line up, or in the existing line, would you recommend for this configuration... I would also like to leave some room for misc stuff... and future purchases of a flash or two and a couple more lens...

Thank you

Old 07-07-2009, 09:16 AM
Andrea

Hi Natper - They are on there now.

Hi Ben - The 811 has a divider for small laptops in the laptop section that prevents it from moving. We have no plans at this time to make an 810 with a laptop section, the bag kind of becomes a bit of a box.

MRJ - Personally, I think you could probably use either 810 and put the netbook in the front pocket, or the J-803. We also have a new video bag coming out late this year that might also work, as it will have the flexibilty to work for still too.

Sorry for the late replies, I've been on vacation. :)

Last edited by Andrea; 07-07-2009 at 09:39 AM..

Old 07-07-2009, 01:23 PM
natper

[I]Hi Natper - They are on there now.[/I]

Can you provide a link- I dont see them? Also- when will they be in stock at B&H?

Have a good vacation? Lets see some pics of [I]your[/I] domke bag on vacation!

Old 07-07-2009, 01:34 PM
Andrea

Here's the link.
Thanks, yes I did have a nice vacation, but I didn't go anywhere so I have no pictures. I'll post some with my bag in August when I go away.

[URL="http://www.tiffen.com/results.html?search_type_no=431&tablename=domke&family=Domke+Camera+Bags&"]http://www.tiffen.com/results.html?search_type_no=431&tablename=domke&family=Domke+Camera+Bags&[/URL]

Old 07-08-2009, 12:21 PM
natper

Ah- filed under satchels- I was looking under classic bags. Ok- so if I understand this correctly- the 810 dosnt have a compartment for the laptop? Im here on Long Island- any local dealers carry them yet?

Last edited by natper; 07-10-2009 at 09:48 AM..

Old 07-08-2009, 12:31 PM
Andrea

Correct, the 810 does not have a compartment for the laptop. Actually, they just arrived and haven't even gone out to our sale people yet. Amazon is pre-selling, Adorama has ordered, but we haven't shipped yet and B&H should be carrying it shortly. Those three always seem to be the first to carry things. I'll let you know as soon as there is a local dealer.

Old 07-10-2009, 09:48 AM
natper

Im going to be leading a Kelby World Wide photo walk in Greenport on July 18th. So far we have 41 people coming- perhaps you or a rep would like to make a guest appearance? I would also consider sporting a loaner..............if you like! Im gonna have to bring my laptop and a projector for after the walk. We wil be meeting in a local restaurant for lunch.

Old 08-07-2009, 02:24 PM
bjpaulin

[QUOTE=gingertwist;336]Thanks so much for the info and the sneak peak. I like a shoulder bag so I think I am going to go with the canvas F2, I have admired it for so long.
Henrys in Canada is very expensive for the F2 ($230 CDN plus tax & shipping) and distributors in the U.S. are expensive for shipping to Canada. I found a place online in Montreal (Photo-co Home Clicshop) that sells your product for a good price but alas they do not sell the Chocolate color. I will keep searching but if I don't find one soon in Canada, will opt for my very close second choice Sand.
Just one more question, I just bought the Nikon 70-300 lens, can you tell if all my equipment will fit in the F2 or should I opt for the F1? I would eventually like to add the Tokina 11-16 lens to my kit and that should do it.
As I live in B.C. a distributor on the westcoast would be awesome :0)[/QUOTE]

If you haven't found a brown Domke bags yet, I have one I would be happy to sell. my email address is [email]bjpaulin@frontiernet.net[/email]. Thanks.

Old 08-09-2009, 06:41 PM
gingertwist

thanks bjpaulin got my chocolate brown f-2 back in March and really love it. Just ordered an olive colored f-6 the other day for shorter treks :0)