Go Back   Tiffen Community > Domke Bags and Accessories > Feedback

Help
Old 02-22-2009, 11:03 AM
dafiryde

Default Help

on a serious note
i like, sorry, LOVE Domke sand canvas bags
are you willing to make one for me, like the inside of the F3x but 10"x 5.5"X9" without side pockets
I AM WILLING TO PAY

Dave

Old 02-23-2009, 01:28 AM
dafiryde

[QUOTE=dafiryde;371]on a serious note
i like, sorry, LOVE Domke sand canvas bags
are you willing to make one for me, like the inside of the F3x but 10"x 5.5"X9" without side pockets
I AM WILLING TO PAY

Dave[/QUOTE]

i am starting to strongly feel i should have gotten the F6
Dave

Old 02-23-2009, 08:09 AM
Andrea

Hi Dave,
Although it seems that would be an easy thing to do, it's very costly, time consuming and complicated to do samples and that would be what you would get, a hand cut, hand sewn sample. We do not know the cost of making a sample, because the only thing that makes a sample financially worth the cost and effort is going into a production run. However, I think you are completely correct that we need to make a bag that size. We were thinking of doing it with the style of the F-2, but maybe the F-3 is more the way to go with the option to remove the side pockets.

Andrea

Old 02-25-2009, 04:53 PM
dafiryde

[QUOTE=Andrea;374]Hi Dave,
Although it seems that would be an easy thing to do, it's very costly, time consuming and complicated to do samples and that would be what you would get, a hand cut, hand sewn sample. We do not know the cost of making a sample, because the only thing that makes a sample financially worth the cost and effort is going into a production run. However, I think you are completely correct that we need to make a bag that size. We were thinking of doing it with the style of the F-2, but maybe the F-3 is more the way to go with the option to remove the side pockets.

Andrea[/QUOTE]

that sounds great
look foward to it,

Dave

Old 02-26-2009, 11:19 AM

[QUOTE=Andrea;374]Hi Dave,

Andrea[/QUOTE]

IIRC (it's been quite a while since I last saw one) the original F-3 didn't have the side pockets; just provisions for attaching the F-901/F-902 (or whatever they were back then) like you can now with the satchels.