Go Back   Tiffen Community > Domke Bags and Accessories > On Location

F3x
Old 03-10-2009, 02:03 AM
dafiryde

Default F3x

if you look at this pic that i put up, the back of the bag has 2 rings on either side .
how come the bag that i got from amazon does not have these

Dave
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_72954.jpg (28.2 KB, 105 views)

Old 03-10-2009, 02:47 AM
Arnaud

Hi,
my F4 has those too.

Old 03-10-2009, 08:19 AM
Andrea

Are they important to you? If so, I can fix that problem for you.

Old 03-10-2009, 09:29 AM
dafiryde

[QUOTE=Andrea;420]Are they important to you? If so, I can fix that problem for you.[/QUOTE]

How?

since i have been seeing a lot of what is called chineese imitations, on the market recently, that seem to copy a lot of products on the market today, in as much detail as possible, i keep wondering if Amazon gave me one of those.
last night i typed in Domke F3X pics in google search, an this is where i am seeing the little differences in those pics as compared to the one i got.
i live in the caribbean and our island is the last one in the chain going south, just off the coast of Venezeula and no we dont speak spanish, we are ruled under the British commonwealth, so for me to see and compare my bag with another one will only be when i go up to Miami USA, which i have not done since i got this bag,
My Amazon order # was 104-4173429-9307405
img 5892 shows back of bag that does not have the two ring clips
img 5893 shows the front which i asked about previously showing the excess in clasp and it is at it shortest adjustment

Dave
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMGP5892.jpg (99.7 KB, 89 views)
File Type: jpg IMGP5893.jpg (98.6 KB, 80 views)

Last edited by dafiryde; 03-10-2009 at 09:46 AM.. Reason: up date

Old 03-10-2009, 11:18 AM
Andrea

Yes, there are a lot of imitations around these days and we are working hard to stop them. However, I can guarantee you that you bought a real bag from Amazon. It is true that those pieces are missing on your bag and if it's an issue for you, I will replace your bag. If it's not, then enjoy your bag.
Andrea

Old 03-10-2009, 09:40 PM
dafiryde

[QUOTE=Andrea;422]Yes, there are a lot of imitations around these days and we are working hard to stop them. However, I can guarantee you that you bought a real bag from Amazon. It is true that those pieces are missing on your bag and if it's an issue for you, I will replace your bag. If it's not, then enjoy your bag.
Andrea[/QUOTE]

huh a free bag,,,,,nah
just the comfort guarantee that mine is authentic is enough
the pieces that are missing is not an issue , but did raise some thought on its originality

but you can make it up to me and i am willing to pay for an F3X Sand without the side pockets, i guess this can be done when your production is doing some they can stitch the bag up without it

Dave

Old 04-09-2009, 12:23 AM
dafiryde

[QUOTE=dafiryde;423]huh a free bag,,,,,nah
just the comfort guarantee that mine is authentic is enough
the pieces that are missing is not an issue , but did raise some thought on its originality

but you can make it up to me and i am willing to pay for an F3X black without the side pockets, i guess this can be done when your production is doing some they can stitch the bag up without it

Dave[/QUOTE]

have you thought about my request

Dave

Old 04-09-2009, 07:41 AM
Andrea

Hi Dave,
Sorry, missed the request when I was reading your e-mail. Sorry, I really can't do that. But we will have some new bags coming out later this year that might better suit your needs.
Andrea

Old 04-10-2009, 10:07 AM
dafiryde

[QUOTE=Andrea;537]Hi Dave,
Sorry, missed the request when I was reading your e-mail. Sorry, I really can't do that. But we will have some new bags coming out later this year that might better suit your needs.
Andrea[/QUOTE]

can you say if you will be bringing out one, like the F3 internal dimensions , made up the same internally, but without the side pockets,
i hope you will be staying with canvas
nylon bags are too camera looking, and the canvas feel and look is what got my attencion, and because it hardly has padding, which makes a bag big and bulky,

people today stress so much about babying their cameras but yet smoke 2 packs of cigarettes a day

Dave

Last edited by dafiryde; 04-10-2009 at 10:14 AM..

Old 04-16-2009, 07:48 AM
Andrea

Hi Dave,
[QUOTE]people today stress so much about babying their cameras but yet smoke 2 packs of cigarettes a day[/QUOTE]
I agree. :)

We are currently working on a solution to make pockets optional but sturdy. Once we have that worked out we will either make a new bag or redo the current F-3.

Andrea