Full Spectrum IRND + Glimmer Glass
Tiffen has combined innovative IRND technology with Glimmer Glass, the classic beauty-enhancing filter. Five years ago Tiffen responded to the demand of IR pollution control filters. Now we’re expanding the range by combining the technical benefits of IRNDs with some of our best selling filters. Once again, Tiffen’s ColorCore™ technology provides filmmakers with the necessary tools to create the world’s greatest images.
PRODUCT FEATURES & BENEFITS
- 3 filters in one, reducing multiple surfaces and potential reflection from stacked filters
- For digital cameras with CMOS & CCD sensors with heightened response to the Red channel
- Absorbs pollution of the Far Red (visible), Near Infrared and Far Red wavelengths
- IR absorbing component is proportionate to the ND value
- Softens fine details while adding mild glow to highlights
- Minimizes the appearance of wrinkles and blemishes without looking "soft-focus"
- Provides mild contrast reduction with modest highlight flare
- Glass has a distinct silver “sparkle”
- No color vignetting on wide angle lenses
- Ideal for lightweight or clip-on matte boxes
- Available in ND 0.6, 0.9, and 1.2 each combined with GG ½ or GG1.
- Made from water white glass
New Tiffen IRND + Glimmer Glass filters are initially available in 4 x 4, 4 x 5.65 and 6.6 x 6.6 sizes.
Tiffen filters have been helping create the world’s greatest images for 75 years. Our ColorCore™ technology assures consistency every time. This, along with our innovative product design, has earned us multiple awards and one Scientific and Engineering Award from the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences, and an EMMY® Award for engineering excellence…..no wonder Tiffen filters are the overwhelming choice of Cinematographers and Directors of Photography worldwide.