THE TIFFEN COMPANY OFFERS MORE THAN 2,000 TIFFEN FILTERS AND VISUAL EFFECTS IN THE NEW TIFFEN DFX DIGITAL FILTER SUITE 3.0 FOR PHOTOGRAPHERS AND VIDEO EDITORS
New version heightens visual effects capabilities for photographers and video editors; boasts 10+ brand-new filters and enhanced multi-processor acceleration for the ultimate in creative control
Las Vegas, NV – January 8, 2012 – The Tiffen Company, a leading manufacturer and distributor of award-winning accessories for the still imaging, motion picture and broadcast markets, will be showcasing the brand-new Tiffen Dfx® digital effects suite (http://www.tiffensoftware.com) version 3.0 at the 2012 International Consumer Electronics Show (CES) at booth 31133. A powerful and robust video and still image editing effects suite, Tiffen Dfx 3.0 boasts enhanced multi-processor acceleration for faster interaction and rendering of images, 10+ brand-new filters for optical effects, updated host support, interface improvements and more, taking still and moving image editing to the next level of visual brilliance. Simulating 2,000+ popular award-winning Tiffen glass filters, specialized lenses, optical lab processes, film grain, exacting color correction plus natural light and photographic effects, Tiffen Dfx digital effects suite is the definitive set of digital optical filters for any photographer or video editor. “Since it came out, Tiffen Dfx has been a hit for photographers looking to apply interesting filters and effects to an image. The latest version, Tiffen Dfx 3.0, can simulate more than 2,000 filter, specialized lens and photo effects. The software is ideal for still or motion shooters. With so many effects, you would expect the interface to be complicated, but it's actually quite intuitive, and you can be up and running with it very quickly,” says Digital Photo Magazine in the Editors’ Choice write-up about Tiffen Dfx v3 for the annual Noteworthy Gear and Technology round-up.
Increasing the technology’s versatility and range of use in various project workflows, Tiffen has made it possible for one Tiffen Dfx v3 photo plug-in license to run in Adobe® Photoshop®, Adobe Photoshop Elements®, Adobe Photoshop Lightroom® and Apple® Aperture® if installed on the same machine. Similarly, a Tiffen Dfx v3 video/film plug-in license will run in Adobe After Effects®, Adobe Premiere Pro®, Apple Final Cut Pro® 6/7 and Avid® Editing Systems if installed on the same machine.
“The versatility and compatibility of the Tiffen Dfx filter suite in so many different workflows, formats and editing systems is simply outstanding. From my work in print to music videos and commercials, Tiffen Dfx is the first — if not only — set of filters that I turn to when needing to adjust lighting, color, texture, you name it,” comments Michael Bernard, Director and Cinematographer. “Simply put, I think Tiffen Dfx is truly a digital darkroom essential for any photographer, cinematographer or retoucher. It opens up so many doors to creativity. From acting as a bridge between my film work and print to heightening that raw emotion that I strive to capture in all of my work, there’s really no comparison.”
NEW Tiffen Dfx v3 Image Editing Effects Suite Features and Capabilities
Version 3.0 ups the ante on creative control and visual effects possibilities with brand-new additions to the already staggering number of 2,000+ optical filters. Brand-new features include the following:
· Color Shadow: Creates a high-contrast image overlaid with a gradient, simulating the look and feel of those colorful iPod® commercials.
· DeBand: Removes banding artifacts from an image by smoothing pixels in banded areas while retaining detail. Banding frequently occurs, in blue skies for instance, with DSLRs as well as other digital cameras. DeBand effectively smoothes out this unwanted banding.
· DeBlock: Removes blocking artifacts created as a result of high compression factors, such as overly compressed JPG images that often cause square blocking artifacts.
· DeNoise: Grain and noise from digital cameras, whether still or video, are common problems. DeNoise removes the grain and noise while retaining detail.
· Film Stocks: Simulates 113 different color and black-and-white photographic film stocks. For those desiring the look of old or current film stocks, there are simulations of many of the popular brands from Kodak®, Fuji®, Agfa®, Polaroid® and Ilford®.
· Glow Darks: Glows and grows the dark areas of an image, creating a stylized, dreamy dark glow.
· Key Light: Relights images with a directional or point light. Changing the lighting after an image has been photographed gives the photographer/editor control to fix or enhance his or her images, as well as create interesting lighting effects.
· Rays: Creates stunning and realistic light ray effects quickly and easily. Rays can add shafts of light streaming through clouds, rays filtering through a forest canopy, beams of light on a foggy night or rays shooting through an interior window. Rays adds a striking and dramatic quality to any image.
· Texture: Applies textures to an image for a stylized look. Adding texture to an image is a great way to create a unique and customized look.
· Match: Matches the color, detail, grain and tone of one image and applies them to another.
In addition to these new features and capabilities, v3 is updated with multiple bug fixes, feature enhancements and key changes to make the visual effects workflow smooth and efficient for all types of users. Among the most noteworthy feature enhancement is the implementation of multi-processor acceleration to dramatically speed up the majority of filters. The more processors a machine has, the faster the interaction and rendering.
Further feature enhancements include the availability of the Tiffen Dfx custom user interface in Adobe® After Effects®, Adobe Premiere Pro, Apple® Final Cut Pro® 6/7 and Avid® Editing Systems, the addition of Adobe Photoshop Lightroom as a supported host, the acceleration of EZ Mask on multi-processor machines and new brushes in the Paint filter such as Black/White, Repair, Mosaic, Blur and Scatter.
Book A Private Press Briefing at CES 2012
To set up a press briefing with a member of the Tiffen management team or a private product viewing during CES 2012, please contact Anya Oskolkova at email@example.com.
Tiffen has been a leading manufacturer of photographic filters, lens accessories, software, and camera accessories for the consumer/professional imaging and the motion picture and broadcast television industries for over 70 years. The company has a rich history of innovative product design, superior optical consistency, and unparalleled quality. Tiffen has been recognized for its product and engineering excellence, earning two Technical Achievement Awards and a Scientific and Engineering Award from the Academy of Motion Picture Arts & Sciences, as well as an Emmy® Award from the Academy of Television Arts and Sciences. Today, the company offers a wide range of products, which include: Tiffen® filters, Steadicam® camera stabilizing systems, Lowel® light, Listec™ teleprompters, Tiffen Dfx® digital imaging software, Domke® bags, Davis & Sanford® tripods, Zing® camera covers, Stroboframe® flash brackets, Saunders® professional trimmers, and Kodak Wratten® filters. Tiffen continues to enhance its reputation as a leading imaging accessory manufacturer through aggressive growth in the image-making accessory industry.
Tiffen is a registered trademark of The Tiffen Company. All other trademarks and products mentioned herein belong to their respective owners.
Tiffen North America
Zazil Media Group
Zazil Media Group
(p) +44 (0) 1404 42497
(o) +44 (0) 870 100 1220