TIFFEN INTRODUCES NEW DSLR 4 X 4 FILTERS
NEW IMAGE MAKER PROFESSIONAL FILTER KIT SERIES
The Tiffen Company, a Long Island based leading manufacturer of award winning photographic accessories, and other well-respected brand name products in the consumer, video, motion picture and television imaging markets, is proud to announce the Image Maker Professional Filter Kit Series.
Tiffen Image Maker Professional Filter Kit Series was designed using Tiffen’s proprietary award-winning ColorCore™ Technology that controls the color and density for optimum consistency. “Image Maker Filter Series was created for the emerging and professional videographers,” commented Russ Abelein, VP of Product Marketing at Tiffen. “We wanted to offer the same standard in excellence as our other filters to this emerging market,” continued Abelein.
The series consist of 5 different kits. Each kit includes three 4x4 filters selected for the most common shooting situations. The Image Maker kits are perfect for DSLR cameras with HD video capability. The Image Maker kits also offer optical filters used to control light, generally in exterior situations, and aesthetic filters to create a mood that cannot be achieved by lighting alone. This variety gives the videographer the flexibility to combine effects across different kits with the use of a matte box or sunshade, thereby improving filter usage and end image results.
The Image Maker Filter Series includes: Fundamental Kit, Contrast Control Kit, People Kit, Grad Kit, and Diffusion Kit. These filters offer a diverse range of effects and densities that add production value and scope to the videographer’s finished product. All kits come in a padded carry pouch with belt loop.
1. The Image Maker Fundamental Kit contains an UltraPol® Circular Polarizer, Neutral Density 0.9 and Pro-Mist®¼ and is ideal for outdoor applications.
2. The Image Maker Contrast Kit contains a Soft Contrast 2, Ultra Contrast 1, and Low Contrast ½. Containing our award-winning Ultra Contrast filters, this kit is ideal for controlling contrast in bright sunlit exteriors, while capturing lost detail in shadow areas.
3. The Image Maker People Kit contains the Nude FX 1, Nude FX 3, and 812® Warming Filter. As its name suggests, the People Kit is ideal for portrait photography, offering enhancing filters that provide flexibility and control in shooting skintones.
4. The Image Maker Grad Kit contains a Clear/Cool Blue 2 Soft Edge, Clear/Straw 2 Soft Edge, and Color-Grad® ND0.9 Soft Edge. Ideal for outdoor applications, these half- color, half-clear filters add color selectively with a graduated density transition for smooth blending into the scene.
5. The Image Maker Diffusion Kit contains a Black Pro-Mist ¼, Gold Diffusion FX ½, and Glimmer Glass 1. The Diffusion Kit is another kit that is ideal for portraits each creating a diffused image that doesn’t look like it’s been shot through a filter.
Image Maker kits will be available in retail markets by mid April, 2010.